Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone backed into the front bumper on my 89 mk3. The piece that goes across above the full bumper. First off I was having trouble removing it, I removed the three nuts but couldnt pull it off (im sure there are other places its attached) Also, it has a nice bend in it. Is it possible to fix this or will it need to be replaced?
Thanks a lot

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've only taken the whole bumper cover with the safety bar off, so there might be more than what I'm telling you. There are also two cap nuts in front of each headlight, as well as two threaded studs attaching it to each fender. For the fender nuts, you'll have to remove the plastic corner undercovers and reach up from underneath with a wrench or small ratchet.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Are you talking about the nose panel with the emblem on it? If so remove the grills....there are nuts in there too.

·
Registered
165 Posts
It actually appears that there are two pieces in the nose piece, the cover and some reinforcement plate, if I'm not mistaken. Those nuts behind the grille bolt the bumper bar to the reinforcement, but I only count eleven nuts that hold the nose cover on, the three that you already removed and the eight that I mentioned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts