Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at useing part of a Supra bumpra for some scoops in my hood. This is a link to the bumper.

http://www.bodykits.com/AIT-Racing/...-BZ-Style-Front-Bumper-_-TSU93HIBZSFB/620379/

I was hoping that some one might have this bumper or similar. I need some measurements of the area of the parking light. width, lenght and depth would be very helpful. To give you a idea of what i am trying to do ..here is a link to the hood I am trying to make it look like.

·
hmmmm
165 Posts
Yeah, I'm with big twinn, ya lost me bud. You're saying you want to buy an aftermarket supra bumper, chop it all up, and use the side vent area things, and mold them into an OEM hood? That seems like a ton of money and time for something you can accomplish buy just purchasing a vented hood. More power to ya if thats your plan. Certainly be a one of a kind, or two of a kind hood, but I'd rather just buy an aftermarket CF vented hood.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there is only one of those hoods ever made Callaway Sledgehammer and its still on the orginal car and sold for 400K. No the hood does not use a blitz bumper. that car was built in 1990 and run 254 mph and Yes cut up a bumper and fit it into the hood. Your looking at 500 bucks and be installed in a couple hrs compaired to making a left and right molds which would take a fair amount of time. Its just easier to buy some thing the shape you like rather than spend hrs making some thing. That spot on the bumper is the shape I like as it has a lil oval shape rather than a almost square shape

·
DrIvE it like it's sToLeN
608 Posts
go for it....be sure to post pictures...altho i cant help but invision something that looks all chopped up, something that looks like a hood with a bumper in it....idk...

·
hmmmm
165 Posts
Yeah thats what I was thinking too. Cuz custom made hoods have vents and scoops and lines to contour with the shape of the hood. even adding universal "vents" and scoops sometimes don't look right on certain hoods, so I dunno how you're going to get it to look like it belongs and not like scoops cut off a bumper and poorly rigged onto the hood. But yeah, more power to ya if you can get it to work and have good fiberglass skills and stuff, and keep us updated with pics.

·
DrIvE it like it's sToLeN
608 Posts
thats sick!

you did a fantastic job...my faith in this endeavor has been lifted! ...i definitely want to see the process. you should create a thread in the Projects sub-forum making a how to write up detailing your custom fabrication. I am definitely interested in following up with this!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts