Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this damn bumper is going to make me have a freaking stroke. anybody have a writeup or guide or anything for removing the stupid thing? i have nothing in the tsrm or my haynes manual, and i can't find anything from searching. i'm seriously amazed at how difficult this is. LOL. so far i've got the air diffuser, both grills, turn signals, foglights, and both strips above foglights and the centre grill, as well as the little 10mm bolts behind the backside of the corners where the turn signals were... lots of metal clips but something is still holding this thing in TIGHT. any help appreciated, i have a shit load of work to do on this car. THANKS!

·
Registered
747 Posts
I would take the bumper and bumper reinforcement off together. Just unbolt the long bolts that run through the frame downwards. They have 17mm nuts. Then the two bolts or large screws that hold the bumper to the fender. And the 10mm bolts behind the turn signals. Disconnect the fog lights and the sensor. And it should pull right off. Then you can separate the two. Make sure you PB blast all of the 10mm bolts that hold the bumper to the reinforcement.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just finished taking off the whole support, then did the rest from there. that was a waaaaay better idea! thanks!

·
It might run right......?
1,492 Posts
those 10mm in/through the fender ARE a BITCH almost always break but taking supports off route is the easiest

1 - 5 of 5 Posts