Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 questions:

1.) To do an NA to TT conversion,
is it absolutely necessary to have the front clip from the TT?

2.) I understand that the JDM TT engine is basically inferior to the USDM TT engine. But, I have seen some J-specs w/ 6 spds included go for about $2k+$175 shipped, those prices just seem mighty tempting. :idhitit:
Is it worth just waiting for a US spec?

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
I would jump on that deal! The tranny itselve would usually cost that amount. The JAP spec engine is basically the same as the export version.-Internally only the cams are different. The accessories on the other hand are more or less totally different. turbos, flange to DP, injectors and whatnot.
Therefore I would only buy this if either
-you have the COMPLETE setup incl. cable harness, ECU etc. OR
-you can get hold of a USDM (or export) electrical setup-ECU, injectors, cable harness etc.

Otherwise it will be tricky I guess.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Id like to see where you come up with a 2J with 6 speed for 2K, cheapest Ive ever seen one so for is 4600, Im sure there have been cheaper, but I doubt that cheap.

·
Factory RSP Hardtopper
1,961 Posts
Id like to see where you come up with a 2J with 6 speed for 2K, cheapest Ive ever seen one so for is 4600, Im sure there have been cheaper, but I doubt that cheap.
I bought a usdm 6 speed car for 3500 and it ran and almost drove on the trailer.:):wavey:

·
Toyota-*****visor
43 Posts
Sorry to break it to you, but it is 1800.00 at best! for a aristo tt drop out with auto trans. supra engine w/t 5spd is 3500.00 up and tt w/t 6spd is 4600.00 up if you find one. Also the front clip is not ness but cheeper in the long run. the front clip is getting imposable to get. I have two cars ready for clips 7000.00 in hand and i cant find any in north America period.

·
Toyota-*****visor
43 Posts
2 questions:

1.) To do an NA to TT conversion,
is it absolutely necessary to have the front clip from the TT?

2.) I understand that the JDM TT engine is basically inferior to the USDM TT engine. But, I have seen some J-specs w/ 6 spds included go for about $2k+$175 shipped, those prices just seem mighty tempting. :idhitit:
Is it worth just waiting for a US spec?
Come to think of it, the last 6spd clip i found (bought fast) was in orlando FL ........So I would say look around your town a bit more. Every place north is dry of 6spd. If anyone finds one or more let me know Ill buy now...now,now.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know that most of the GTE's w/6spd. go for about $6k+.
It seemed too good to be true for a price like that. Already got ripped off on one of those supra scams awhile back.....
The $2k engine came out of a Toyota Aristo. Does that really change anything? Would I have to get different mounts and things?

I gotta find the site again, cause I added the $175 according to their shipping charge to FL.
Here are a few sites I've been looking at. These are AUTO! not manual....:nono:

http://www.jdmracingmotors.com/index.php?area=motors&motor_id=41

http://www.jdmsource.ca/v2/product.asp?ID=68

How can you tell if they are Aristos anyway?
Just wondering, if these are J-spec engines why is the HP 300?
Is a JDM 6-speed made by Getrag? Any differences?

lots of questions..
lol

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
They are pretty much all gonna be from an aristo. Theres a few differences on the motor(cams, injectors, oil pans, water pump) the 6 speed is getrag, slightly different gearing then US but not much.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Sorry to break it to you, but it is 1800.00 at best! for a aristo tt drop out with auto trans. supra engine w/t 5spd is 3500.00 up and tt w/t 6spd is 4600.00 up if you find one. Also the front clip is not ness but cheeper in the long run. the front clip is getting imposable to get. I have two cars ready for clips 7000.00 in hand and i cant find any in north America period.
Hey not to be dumb but what bumper is that in your ave. sorry out of the blue

1 - 11 of 11 Posts