Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was talking to DaveH, the amazing man that made me my new intake manifold and I need some questions answered about the manifold

1. Do i need the VSV system still?
2. Do I just leave the plugs that are suppose to be plugged in unplugged?
3. What about the throttle body with all the plugs, my new one has none of those things
4. How many holes do i need to drill and tap and for what for vaccum line in the new manifold

Thanks
Alan

·
trubo spura
393 Posts
Sorry I don't have answers to your questions, but I do have a pic request for when you're done!

I've only seen the manifold installed on the red car on the boostwerx page and I'd like to see more. For the price it seems to be the way I'll go when I ditch the stock setup. Are you using the wilson TB it shows on the page or no?

-chris

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes I am using the wilson one, the other throttle body that people like using is a bit too big and not really worth it

the wilson 80mm is sweet

btw there is a few people with aftermarket intake system...look in the thread called "just got the sup back for summer" that guy as a rediculously clean engine

·
---
2,768 Posts
Well I was talking to DaveH, the amazing man that made me my new intake manifold and I need some questions answered about the manifold

1. Do i need the VSV system still?
2. Do I just leave the plugs that are suppose to be plugged in unplugged?
3. What about the throttle body with all the plugs, my new one has none of those things
4. How many holes do i need to drill and tap and for what for vaccum line in the new manifold

Thanks
Alan
I don't really understand half of your question, which plugs will be unplugged? only plug that should be left unplugged is the one to your cruise control.

you plug the TPS into the plug for it... if the fittings are different, hardwire it.

Theres a larger ABS line youl have to have a tap for, a tap for your wastegate, a tap for your power steering(its not crucial but the factory one has vacuum for it so you may as well play it safe), and then one for your BOV. This is ass assuming you're removing the EGR, if not I have no clue how you're going to do it.

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't really understand half of your question, which plugs will be unplugged? only plug that should be left unplugged is the one to your cruise control.

you plug the TPS into the plug for it... if the fittings are different, hardwire it.

Theres a larger ABS line youl have to have a tap for, a tap for your wastegate, a tap for your power steering(its not crucial but the factory one has vacuum for it so you may as well play it safe), and then one for your BOV. This is ass assuming you're removing the EGR, if not I have no clue how you're going to do it.
Well when I mean not plugged in, I mean for the VSV system (the black tank with all the little vaccum lines) because there are two plugs that plugs into that system , one into the tank and one into this sensor thing.

also I noticed that there are a few other plugs that will not be able to connect to the throttle body, I will go take a look and try and desribe them as best as possible

·
Wingless Hardtop Moderator
3,090 Posts
A friend of mine that worked at a local supra shop that is well known said almost everyone just takes out that VSV garbage.

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet thanks bobmarley

well i think that answers most of my questions

onyl thing left is how to wire the tps from a mustang to the supra one

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
You pretty much get rid of all that vacuum stuff except what's needed to go to the brake booster, fuel pressure regulator, blowoff valve and boost gauge.

Here is the TPS wiring:

Supra----------Mustang
================
Yellow----------Green
Blue/Red-------Orange
White/Blk-------Black

·
Registered
49 Posts
if you remove the black vaccum cylinder and vsv under the manifold doenst the car run like crap or does it idle and drive fine?

·
---
2,768 Posts
if you remove the black vaccum cylinder and vsv under the manifold doenst the car run like crap or does it idle and drive fine?
It will idle fine. Only thing that may cause it to idle weird is a ford TPS(only if you run the stock ecu) which now comes standard on a lot of universal throttle bodies.

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
does the powersteering cylinder thing have to be relocated when going with a front facing intake mani?
yes the power steering resouvior needs to be relocated but it is a piece of cake (took me awhile to gather the information)

the first thing you need is to talk to curt at elmhurst and get a powersteering fitting for the pump (just say you are NA and want to relocated)

take your resouvior to your local car store and find a brass fitting that fits and some strong rubber hosing

and then find a nice mounting spot and use clamps on your hoses and you are done

1 - 15 of 15 Posts