Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
2,279 Posts
That looks just like the adaptor flange I got from Brad Wanzer (turbosupra).

Lots of jackasses pretending they can do FFIMs, they can't.

Just go with a Ron R manifold.

·
Search
3,305 Posts
outofstep said:
That looks just like the adaptor flange I got from Brad Wanzer (turbosupra).

Lots of jackasses pretending they can do FFIMs, they can't.

Just go with a Ron R manifold.
:stupid:

His prices are very fair, he keeps great communication. I'm in the process of getting a deal setup with him right now. Definatly a stand up guy.

·
Registered
481 Posts
he wasnt reasonable when it came to his alternator relocator bracket though.. u pay 700 for a plenum and then its 210 for a bracket and thats suppose to be at cost price. i tried so long to get a bracket from ron

started off at 95 bux plus shipping
shipping cost was 37 bux for 3-5 express to australia

before i new it the price jumped up to 150 bux to cover other fees and crap (interstate border fees etc)

and then 2 days later the price for the bracket jumps to 150 plus shipping plus excess fees

what do u guys make about that... he said it cost hiim 150 to make 1 yet 70 bux to make 5 but he will only make 1 at a time.....

sure his plenums maybe top quality but thats not particularly good business behaviour

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
disturbed1 said:
he wasnt reasonable when it came to his alternator relocator bracket though.. u pay 700 for a plenum and then its 210 for a bracket and thats suppose to be at cost price. i tried so long to get a bracket from ron

before i new it the price jumped up to 150 bux to cover other fees and crap (interstate border fees etc)

and then 2 days later the price for the bracket jumps to 150 plus shipping plus excess fees

what do u guys make about that... he said it cost hiim 150 to make 1 yet 70 bux to make 5 but he will only make 1 at a time.....

sure his plenums maybe top quality but thats not particularly good business behaviour
It isn't his fault you want a product that's made in America.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
disturbed1 said:

Ron's work is by far the best out there period.

I know Ron personally and he is doing the right thing. Prices rise and that is a fact. Shipping parts to Aussi is not cheap and if they charge border fees etc.. you expect him to cover it? :scratch: Heck I wouldn't. Making 5 parts at a time is not an option at times as this is not his full time business. If he wants to buy one at a time so be it. You still get a bracket that is top notch.

Ron is not out to rip anyone off. He is a stand up guy. Since you think he did rip you off, you get no bracket and I don't blame him for not wanting to make one for you. He is a respected member of this community and supports the MKIII (soon MKIV) people with parts.

Nice manifold by the way. :drool: This is a simple case of "you get what you pay for"

Get Ron's manifold hands down :)

A few pics for you to see of what you COULD have purchased.

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
outofstep said:
You use -6 AN bulkhead fittings for the PCV valve nipples on the valve covers?
No. He put -08AN hose directly onto the cam cover nipples, using a shrouded worm-clamp to seal. FYI: -08AN fits snugly & approximates ID of the OEM piping. I used the -08AN non-braided AeroQuip push-lock hose. No blood & the hose doesn't bleed oil.

Take care.

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
Larry_A said:
No. He put -08AN hose directly onto the cam cover nipples, using a shrouded worm-clamp to seal. FYI: -08AN fits snugly & approximates ID of the OEM piping. I used the -08AN non-braided AeroQuip push-lock hose. No blood & the hose doesn't bleed oil.

Take care.
or drill + tap the holes for your fav NPT size.....that's what i did.

·
2,279 Posts
I think i'll just go the "drill out old nipples and use bulkhead AN fittings" route. Not a fan of the shrouded worm clamps.

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
drjonez said:
or drill + tap the holes for your fav NPT size.....that's what i did.
Hello Adam,
A perfectly legitimate approach, but entailing greater expense in time/$. Simple doesn't always infer lack of elegance.
;)
Take care.

·
SupraStore.com
2,134 Posts
upgradedsupra said:
Ron's work is by far the best out there period.

Get Ron's manifold hands down :)
Okaay suuure, and what credibility do YOU have? Why should we beleive YOUR opinion? :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, because you are one of the biggest supporters of the MkIII family, make incredible power in an awesome car, regularly appear in magazines, and most of all, still have 7M power!! Needless to say, I am sold. Love your car Duane, and I honestly appreciate everything you do for the community

1 - 20 of 70 Posts