Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Broke Supra Addicted Fool
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently lowered my car a little bit more in the front and with the 18x8.5 rims that I have they rub on the lips of the fenders so I need to either get them rolled or cut off. Now when I go and get this done there wont be a few places for the inner fender plastic to mount to so I am wondering if it will be okay to just ditch the inner fender plastics.. Have any of you done this? Are there any ill effects towards doing so?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
On the passenger side they protect some wiring and the washer tank, pumps and hoses. I haven't had the driver's side out, but I'd expect wiring. You're also bound to collect debris behind the bumper ontop of the under cover.

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,992 Posts
Keep them, I took mine out when I bought my MAXX front end and lowerd my car, What a pain in the ass. Everything gets dirty , Modify them somehow to make them fit, it will save you alot of cleaning.

Edit: IT makes your car look imcomplete without them, I need to pick up a new set and put them on. I hate how mine looks without them.

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Keep them - see how I know.....
The wires fell down and rubbed on the wheel. I didn't know this was happening until I started getting all sorts of weird electrical things happening while I was driving one day.

·
Broke Supra Addicted Fool
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay so consensus is that I need some kinda liner in there... Anybody tried to make some basic ones out of tin or sheetmetal to increase wheel to fender clearance?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Serzy said:
Okay so consensus is that I need some kinda liner in there... Anybody tried to make some basic ones out of tin or sheetmetal to increase wheel to fender clearance?
in other words you are ditching them anyways.

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Same thing happend to my '90 celica, didnt have those when I bought it, 2 months or so later, all kinds of electrical problems. Tire chewed the crap outa the wiring.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Leave them in, theyweigh almost nothing, and protect your wiring. Plus the wiring in there is a bitch to replace. Plus the frontfenders are notorious rustspots by them selves, you don't need extra moisture and dirt there ;)

As for metal things, they weigh a lot more and are quite tricky to manufacture ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts