Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Broke Supra Addicted Fool
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently lowered my car a little bit more in the front and with the 18x8.5 rims that I have they rub on the lips of the fenders so I need to either get them rolled or cut off. Now when I go and get this done there wont be a few places for the inner fender plastic to mount to so I am wondering if it will be okay to just ditch the inner fender plastics.. Have any of you done this? Are there any ill effects towards doing so?

· Registered
1,496 Posts
On the passenger side they protect some wiring and the washer tank, pumps and hoses. I haven't had the driver's side out, but I'd expect wiring. You're also bound to collect debris behind the bumper ontop of the under cover.

· CT12 Destroyer
2,953 Posts
Keep them, I took mine out when I bought my MAXX front end and lowerd my car, What a pain in the ass. Everything gets dirty , Modify them somehow to make them fit, it will save you alot of cleaning.

Edit: IT makes your car look imcomplete without them, I need to pick up a new set and put them on. I hate how mine looks without them.

· Supranian
2,181 Posts
Keep them - see how I know.....
The wires fell down and rubbed on the wheel. I didn't know this was happening until I started getting all sorts of weird electrical things happening while I was driving one day.

· Broke Supra Addicted Fool
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay so consensus is that I need some kinda liner in there... Anybody tried to make some basic ones out of tin or sheetmetal to increase wheel to fender clearance?

· I'll nevAr go single!
1,068 Posts
Same thing happend to my '90 celica, didnt have those when I bought it, 2 months or so later, all kinds of electrical problems. Tire chewed the crap outa the wiring.

· Registered
3,136 Posts
Leave them in, theyweigh almost nothing, and protect your wiring. Plus the wiring in there is a bitch to replace. Plus the frontfenders are notorious rustspots by them selves, you don't need extra moisture and dirt there ;)

As for metal things, they weigh a lot more and are quite tricky to manufacture ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.