Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it had to happen sooner or later, today was the day. Coming out of my neighborhood I was immediately pulled over for no front plate. He let me off with a warning, but said that my neighborhood is his daily route. He said if he sees my car again with no front plate he will give me a ticket for no front plate, my exhaust and window tints(which are only 35%). He said if he sees the car again and I have a plate on the front he will let me slide and overlook the exhaust and tints. My front end is now bone stock as I removed the RMM front lip(its for sale). Can you guys with front mounted plates post up some pics? I refuse to drill a hole in my bumper and block the intercooler as well.
Jeff

·
11,217 Posts
2jzjdm aka Donny has this flip up plate holder shit that folds up so the fmic is exposed. I'm not sure if it flips up at certain speeds or if it's electronically or manually adjusted.

·
Finally single
1,123 Posts
Ive been pulled over 3 times for no front tag so i finally mounted it on the bottom of my do luck kit. I leaned it so that it takes up barely any space on the FMIC. I dont know if this helps you any since you have a stock bumper but if you need me to i can post pics.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Get a piece of aluminum flat stock from Home Depot. 1" wide.
Cut a couple of pieces bend them into an L shape. Mount the license plate to the "L" and then the bottom of the L can mount to the bottom of the inside of the front opening where the long trim piece is. You will have to get down and look up inside the front air intake to see it....in front of the intercooler.
You can screw into the same piece of metal that the trim piece is screwed to. The plate will be in almost the exact stock location except that it will sit a little higher and block less air to the intercooler. There will be no holes on the front of your bumper. That's what i did.
I will post a pic if i can find one when i get home.

EDIT: (pic) You will have to do your own measurements to get the correct length. i dont remember exactly how long they are.....
Also, i stuck a piece of peel and stick A/C foam to the back of the plate to keep it from touching the bumper, i was afraid of scratches.

·
Finally single
1,123 Posts
michaelvanle said:
I don't think I've ever seen you post pics of your car (Member #4). You have any? Just curious.
Werd. Heres the only ones i have with my plate mounted. They were actually take from a video so the quality isnt the best. Not the best job but it doesnt block my intercooler. Also some other ones for MR. Van Le.

G

·
SupraMKIV2jz-GTE said:
Werd. Heres the only ones i have with my plate mounted. They were actually take from a video so the quality isnt the best. Not the best job but it doesnt block my intercooler. Also some other ones for MR. Van Le.

that looks tacky... if u get pulled over just bust a cap in his ass

·
Registered
125 Posts
Im looking for the same idea finnaly got busted for tints and no front plate. Im thinking about zip tying it to the front spliter thing on the stock bumper so that they drop the ticket then taking it back off later on. However that flip up plate holder would be just be even better.

·
Finally single
1,123 Posts
silver4 said:
that looks tacky... if u get pulled over just bust a cap in his ass
See thats the good thing is that its not permanent and i can take it off whenever. I dont mind how it looks. It gives the cops one less reason to pull me over for nothing.

·
1,020 Posts
On the stock bumper.

Just fold the bottom portion back into the bumper mouth. Doesn't block your IC and still shows your plate #

·
Registered
36 Posts
The J-spec cars have plates mounts on the front as standard i think, anyway all the ones i see in Australia do, perhaps you could jsut source one of them.

I din't think you guys over there needed a front plate?

·
Finally single
1,123 Posts
pine_grove said:
I din't think you guys over there needed a front plate?
Some states do some dont. Its gay if you ask me. I heard that i could get a PO box up in PA and register the car to it and not have to use a front tag. But, its like 60$ a year and thats the same as getting 1 ticket a year. lol.

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was in the garage messing around last night and got a idea. If I bend the bottom part of the plate back I can mount it in on the bumper/lip without it sticking up at all and there is enough room to show all the numbers. No matter what its going to look like shit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts