Supra Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Glad to assist. I'll keep a look out for your car and probably ticket you if I get a chance. Just kidding. Hell, I'm a jerk all day, or as I'm sure most people think...don't care to be one here. All Supras, regardless of model, gets a free pass from me regardless of the violation. Well, as long as its not too serious. Can't have people mowing down pedestrians or anything.
:rockon:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Glad to assist. I'll keep a look out for your car and probably ticket you if I get a chance. Just kidding. Hell, I'm a jerk all day, or as I'm sure most people think...don't care to be one here. All Supras, regardless of model, gets a free pass from me regardless of the violation. Well, as long as its not too serious. Can't have people mowing down pedestrians or anything.

Glad to see you guys made up.. aha. Hopefully your the one that pulls me over if i come down to TX2k12 this year but then again your probably gonna be next to me smashing the pedal ahah

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

I went and mounted it today, since my court date for my ticket was coming up soon and the lady said she would drop the charge if I got it mounted.

I went to Home Dope, got two corner brackets and drilled them to accept the front lip mounting hardware. I wrapped the metal that was against the paint with black electrical tape. I unbolted the center and off to the right some, lowered it a snag, ran it through and tightened it back up. I just drove from Dallas to Centex today and it held up fine. And to note I had to drill two small holes in the plate so it matched up with the brackets. The only downside it was off center, but its easily removable and I didnt have to drill my bumper.

Also only cost me 2 bucks and a Sourdough Jack ;)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Yup, and last year they amended that to say it must be affixed to the front bumper...of course I wouldn't know anything about that. Tell you what. If you want to challenge it, meet up with me, I'll ticket you, you go to court and bring your statement and let's see what the judge has to say.

I don't have a front plate on my Texas Supra either, but probably not smart to argue law to a police officer, especially if you are citing outdated information.

Edit: I know what txdot website says, but I also what what my violation list says for Texas date code. Last year they made it fairly specific, stating "Front bumper" and goes on to say angles, heights and all that. To say "that's why I don't get stopped" is not a viable arguement, because I don't usually cite people for that unless they are mouthing off. We see it all day every day, but there are so many other serious violations we see that it's really not worth it to chase down every "no license plate on front bumper" or TSC 502.409
It might just be where you are sercing in Texas, but I can assure you if you make it out to the country of East Texas, those State Troopers pull me over every single time. Of course, they have nothing better to do than to give me a warning for no front plate 0.o

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have 2 holes in the center of my front bumper which look like a corkscrew was used to drill out the holes. does anyone have a link to nice plate frames that contour to the shape of the front bumper and maybe angle down a bit?
I realize this is an old thread, but did you ever find a solutions?

Thanks!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts