Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I am the next in line to get one of these wonderful tickets. cop was a total a**, giving me the third degree about where I live, whats my age, etc...he's holding my license in my hand the entire time. I thought these were secondary tickets (ie pulling you over for something else and they can tag you for that too) but when I asked him what I was stopped for all he told me was no front plate. Its funny with all this talk of crime spiking in our fair city this cop has nothing better to do than stop me for no front plate as I drive home through one of the worst parts of town....amazing.
anyway...off my soap box, thought I would let you guys know that dont have the plate out front and also to see if anyone knows of any "friendly dealerships" or have a contact at one that may be able to help me out with a bracket and an invoice.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Stick your front plate on with double sided tape for a quick picture then take that to the judge. They should drop it. I've done that a couple of times now...

Darin

·
98 RSP TT
2,532 Posts
I recieved one 3 years ago. THe cop was on a bike, could have pulled over 3 other cars that were speeding but he pulled me over. The funny thing is I couldnt find my license so I asked If i could get out of my car and look for it, and he said yea. When I got out of the car he was about 5'5 and Im 6'5 and I was wearing my sweet russia shirt. I bet that pissed him off.

·
NA-T Member
1,021 Posts
97 Widebody said:
Stick your front plate on with double sided tape for a quick picture then take that to the judge. They should drop it. I've done that a couple of times now...

Darin
:werd:

i actually use the same picture i took 3 yrs ago, everytime i get one of those pesky tickets, LOL.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Damn. I must be lucky driving around Sugar Land so far then... Cause I don't have a front license plate, and I always drive by those ass hole motorcycle cops..... **knocks on wood**

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
how come vettes never get pulled over for no front LP?

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
american power vs non american. my bro had the same problem :p put the plate on and bam no more problem. i think the judges know its a bs law and are pretty easy on it.

·
Banned
624 Posts
I'd rather get a no front plate ticket anyday over a speeding ticket using laser.
By not having a front plate they cant use the front plate to reflect the beam back to the gun. They are forced to shoot at the headlights, but our intercoolers make for good reflective areas too.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah this guy was a total JO....if anyone in Houston knows about Telephone road, I get the pleasure of driving this on the way to work everyday, it must have been difficult for this fat ass to see past the 20 crack whores running the street and spot that I didnt have a front plate on.
I am def. going to give the tape trick a shot....maybe my luck will turn.

·
Registered
299 Posts
what part of telephone rd...the pearland cops are always pulling our cars over for no front plates on telephone/tx-35 near FM518 late at night when we leaving the shop.

they just tell us to put a plate in front or we always have some good excuse and get away without a ticket.

we once got pulled over by 3 cops in our drift is300 turbo, caged, seat harnesses, etc.... they pulled us over for vinyl banner on the top front windshield and no front plate.

the cop was all giving us this mumbo jumbo about the windshield banner blocking the view of the road and that nothing could be under the ASI line thats marked on the inside of the windshield, etc....

my cousin was like...where is this mark? I dont see it...
cop: its there, all cars have it...
my cousin keeps argueing with the cop and finally the cop looks in to check. and he doesnt see it either...

the cop walks back to his patrol car and talks to the other cops for like 7-8 mins before he comes back to let my cousin go.

·
652 Posts
97 Widebody said:

Darin

Dude... I am so stealin' that one..

Thomas Kenyon

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this is telephone between 610 and 45, by stubbs cycles....they sit in the shop parking lot yacking until they decide to go to work, I just happened to be the first in line.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
it's pretty much a fix-it ticket, mine got dropped, but a lot of the cops around here are 10 foot wide A-holes

·
Registered
178 Posts
hey for all the guys that have used the double sided tape "trick," what did you tell the judge as you were in court? Did you just tell him that you've always had the plate on and then show him the picture, hoping he will let you off? Or did you guys say something else? Thanks for the feedback.

-David

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
say that you were unsure about compliance and that you just removed it recently for cleaning, new tags, repairs, etc and forgot to put it back on. show them the pic or even better show up in the car and have the bayliff come out and see the car in the lot with the plate. worked out great and no ticket!

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
lethalv6 said:
this is telephone between 610 and 45, by stubbs cycles....they sit in the shop parking lot yacking until they decide to go to work, I just happened to be the first in line.
Haha.. you know that Chervon about 1/4 mile from Stubbs Cycle right on Telephone Rd and Wrinkler? Well, I work there sometimes and it own by my parents. I never get pull over by the cops around there for 5 years when I had a white Supra. I guess the cops knew my car at Chervon many times before.

What kind of cop? Houston Police or Harris County Constable Pct. 6? My parents and the cops are pretty close only in this local, but constable is more closer and very good friendly to my parents.

·
Registered
707 Posts
supraswap said:
I'd rather get a no front plate ticket anyday over a speeding ticket using laser.
By not having a front plate they cant use the front plate to reflect the beam back to the gun. They are forced to shoot at the headlights, but our intercoolers make for good reflective areas too.
Not true. I got lasered from 1100ft away without a front plate.

G

·
MKIIINA said:
say that you were unsure about compliance and that you just removed it recently for cleaning, new tags, repairs, etc and forgot to put it back on. show them the pic or even better show up in the car and have the bayliff come out and see the car in the lot with the plate. worked out great and no ticket!
nice haha

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
man thats really weird, I stop at that chevron to get fuel all the time....I had no idea. This was an HPD cop, cant remember his name but the tickets in the car....
small world.

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
lethalv6 said:
man thats really weird, I stop at that chevron to get fuel all the time....I had no idea. This was an HPD cop, cant remember his name but the tickets in the car....
small world.

You drive your Supra or other car? What color is your Supra?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts