Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my third front main seal is leaking and i have not put to many miles on since under 2k. i know that it was installed properly bc i had a friend who is a mechanic at toyota help me out also had the manual near by. i think i remember seeing a thread while ago saying u may have to use a different seal does anyone know if this is true? bc i have already used 3 oem seals in less than 4 months and im tired of changing it. any help is appreciated

Matt

oh yeah i tried searching but it didnt work

·
Inline6Performance
1,482 Posts
I had a similar problem. However, my seal was never pushed out. Once, the spring was off when I removed it. Then a mysterious leak started from around the oil pump relief bolt. I changed oil pump and stock seal and so far no problems. This thread should help. http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165069

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
How are you venting the crankcase? Mine was leaking until I properly vented the motor, no issues since.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Gadfly said:
How are you venting the crankcase? Mine was leaking until I properly vented the motor, no issues since.
what did you do to properly vent the crankcase? i have my exhaust side vented into the atmosphere

Matt

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
lilmatty96 said:
i have my exhaust side vented into the atmosphere
I am no expert, but you might want to apply some sort of vacuum to the PCV setup to get all of the pressure out of the crankcase. (like how the stock setup is) If too much pressure builds up inside you will blow seals. I have seen some nice setups where they have a hose from the exhaust side pcv to a catch can, and then from the catchcan to a vacuum source on the intake(pre- turbo).

I am no expert though. Maybe somebody else can chime in.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
cwtt said:
I am no expert, but you might want to apply some sort of vacuum to the PCV setup to get all of the pressure out of the crankcase. (like how the stock setup is) If too much pressure builds up inside you will blow seals. I have seen some nice setups where they have a hose from the exhaust side pcv to a catch can, and then from the catchcan to a vacuum source on the intake(pre- turbo).

I am no expert though. Maybe somebody else can chime in.
like in this post i made (pics in there)

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359490

1 - 9 of 9 Posts