Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front right 4" stock speaker in my door is blown. I just want to replace it, I don't want to mess with the annoying tweeters in the dash. Nobody seems to sell just the 4" speaker without a tweeter on it. If I mount a 4" speaker with tweeter (coax) in the door, the crossover should take care of no signal reaching the tweeter? From an impedance perspective, will this be a problem since the 4" coax is probably 4 ohms and the head unit expects the dash tweeter and door speaker together to appear as 4 ohms?

·
Registered
261 Posts
The amplifier wont care. For every signal that goes through the Xover built into the speaker will send it to the woofer or tweeter based on the freq. Thusly at any one time the woofer or tweeter is going (or both are going at a reduced amount according to the settings of the Xover) so the amp wont see anything lower than 4ohms.

The external xover will cut off any high freqs before they ever reach the door speaker.

Basically don't worry about it.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, thanks!

I'm not too insanely concerned with sound quality as I can't hear sh*t over my open downpipe anyway, just don't want that horrible cracking sound anymore :(

I have a trunk full of subs but my fronts need replacement. The front tweeters are such a PITA though...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts