Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a cusco front strut bar the other day... love the thing for handling. Makes the wheel feel extremely light and responsive, but I was hoping it'd give more front control and less read , making it easier to do donuts and drift and all... but i cant even do a simple good donut anymore... I just make like a big circle lol so whats up? Also im drivin an MKIV NA Supra

Rob~

·
Registered
154 Posts
STBs shouldnt make a drastic difference in weather you could do donuts or not, but they do stiffen up the front end. stiffening of the front end means more understeer is dialed in. more understeer = less drifting.

·
D u a l s t a r
534 Posts
Your strut bar keeps the fornt of the car from deforming in shape as much, as it use to. So now your wheels are held at a more verticle angel to the ground. This keeps your front contact patch from decreasing when you throw the car into a corrner. That is were the improved traction you are seeing is coming from.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
crap gotcha... also one last question... is there a way to move the stock intake? Its barely rubbing it some, but it shakes my car like crazy. We had it on backwards the first time lol and it was touching the engine, but now its touching the intake a little and the shaking is annoying at low idle.

Rob~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts