Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, do they make that much of a difference on handling? Second why do prices go from $99-$399? Is the 2lbs I save on carbon fiber vs aluminum really worth it?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Not a huge difference.....probably more toward the bottom of the list for suspension.....although the front is defintely more effective than the rear.....prices are a direct reflection of name, material, and quality.....for you front id go with carbing or the trd.....neither is really the lightest but they are the most solid....the carbing has an extra brace with actually helps with braking (probably not noticeable).....Ken Henderson will be able to chime in on both, as he sports both ....for rear id go with the do-luck, but if u get do luck you will be like me and be waiting about a year to get it.....FEW MORE MONTHS FOR ME WOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
298 Posts
for a strut bar its best to use the ones that dont have the ends that pivot. i think the TRD one and i know for sure the carbing one does not have the ends and mounts that are bolted together and pivot. making those a lil more solid...

the cheap ebay ones use very thin cheap mounts and can bend... something a strut bar is trying to stop... movement

·
Wholesome creamy goodness
655 Posts
I have a TRD Strut bar and it made a big difference in my opinion...especially in a Targa top.

·
Fast Enough, Never Is.
920 Posts
Just a preference on the looks but it just increases rigidity and it does make a noticeable difference in feel , I have the cusco front and rear, they were about 140 a piece, I would look into getting lowering springs, sways and shocks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts