Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone here at that boiling point with working on their car? It seems like everytime you fix or finish a project, something else pops up. In my case, did a single turbo conversion in a couple hours, pulled the stock twins and put in new single, NO PROB. Installed map-ecu after getting all the install info, NO PROB. What happens next:

Temp probe for electric fans wo'nt work without leaking coolant, got a new one.
While fixing that problem, water neck on radiator breaks, got a new radiator.
While getting tuned, leaks from capped off coolant lines. Got them welded shut.
Did a coolant flush, water temp sensors fail, and probably thermostat too.

I swear this car was a woman, always a fuc'in problem. Let me know if you share my pain.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
I think everyone shares your pain man. Keep at it! Eventually after you've replaced everything it will run right for a few days before youbreak something else you replaced a year ago :D

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
Your Supra figured that since your replacing the twins now, why not have all the items need fixing fixed. :stickpoke

Eventually you will get all the stuff fixed, it's just annoying when it comes all at once. :)

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FLZ_Boy said:
Your Supra figured that since your replacing the twins now, why not have all the items need fixing fixed. :stickpoke

Eventually you will get all the stuff fixed, it's just annoying when it comes all at once. :)

That's the best part, IT DOES"NT COME ALL AT ONCE. It comes in stages. It let's you fix something, enjoy the car and then as soon as you have to go to a show or race, WHAM, the smallest thing that you sure as hell need to run the car, breaks. :furious:

·
MSB for Life! :D
1,004 Posts
I share your EXACT pain. In the past year alone, I've only driven 5k miles from all the downtime and frustration of not wanting to work on it anymore. One of the reasons why I'm considering selling it this summer.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
x10. I'm still working out the bugs on my car, I think as of next week when we install the Motec it will be 100% streetable and working flawless. It's taken many teeth-aches and plenty of dollars, but in the end it's worth it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I remember right when I got my supra painted, I went to pick it up. Was so excited all day, not even half way home, the clutch completely goes and I had to get the car towed to the shop...that sucked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts