Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am selling my 1992 Lexus SC300. I am asking $7500.

This car has been well-maintained, dealer serviced. All parts used were genuine Toyota/Lexus parts, with the exception of Vlamos steering rack bushing.

The car is located in northern NEW JERSEY. I am the second owner.

EMAIL ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED - [email protected]

Vehicle Specifications

- 5 speed manual transmission
- 139,xxx original miles
- burgundy (red) exterior, gray leather interior
- all options except for heated seats
- was a west coast vehicle its entire life so NO RUST. always garaged by first owner and myself, except for 3 months (January to March when it was not driven). Car is now garaged again since March.
- no accidents, all original paint (very glossy, no fades as it was garaged).
- no tears in leather seats
- Nakamichi system with 12 disc changer in the trunk.

History and Maintenance

The car was purchased by an elderly gentleman after sending off his last tuition check for his kid in college. He fully admits it was a midlife crisis thing. The car was purchased in Colorado, and the owner moved around from Texas (most of the car's life was spent there), Washington state, and finally southern California where I bought it. I drove the car back all the way from southern California to Illinois - where I was at the time in 2003. The car was always garaged and washed biweekly. Afterwards, I've returned back to NJ in 2006 and don't have a garage space for the car. I need to sell the car because it's taking up space and rarely being driven.

- oil changed with Mobil 1 synthetic 5w30 oil and Toyota OEM filter every 3000 miles
- timing belt, water pump, major tuneup performed at 90k miles by Lexus dealership
- all services done at Lexus dealer prior to my ownership. I had major work done by Lexus dealer, and oil changes done at my local Toyota dealer. All service records available with original window sticker.
- air conditioning system completely replaced with new genuine Lexus parts at Lexus of Englewood in August 2004. This cost approximately $2800.
- front lower control arms changed to new genuine Toyota Supra lower control arms in August 2004.
- front brakes changed to Toyota Supra Turbo calipers, rotors, and pads in May 2005. All parts were purchased brand-new and are genuine Toyota parts. Original calipers will be included as well (rotors and pads were thrown out).
- transmission fluid changed to Redline MT-90 at 110k miles.
- car runs great with no issues at all.
- car comes with Supra TT chrome wheels with Sumitomo tires in front (80% tread approx) and Continental ContiExtremeContact tires in the rear (60% tread approx). Original 15" Lexus wheels included as well.

Vehicle Condition

- there is a scratch parallel to the ground on the drivers side door from a run-away shopping cart.
- some minor dings on the door - the number of these dings is under 10.
- scratch on the center console arm rest (from fingernail) and scratch on glovebox cover

Pictures

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A few people have seen this car and can vouch for its condition. Please contact me via email.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Sam, he already has a supra.:p haha

BTW, I've seen this car for a long time. Brian takes ultimate care of his cars, including this SC300 which is a rare find and has only 2 owners for its model year and mileage. Whoever is seriously considering to buy this car, do not hesitate with Brian or the car.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the props Dukki. And of course, thanks for the numerous times you've helped me with the car.

Chuck, let me get back to you in a day or two if the car isn't sold by then.

Thanks everyone.
-Brian.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sold. I know the new owner will take good care of it. He's a really good guy and patient too - waited one hour for me while I was stuck in traffic.

In any case, the car is sold and has a home with a great person.
-Brian.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,783 Posts
Well, I couldn't stay away from the Lexus goodness :) Sold my GTE/6spd SC a week ago to a great guy who will take it to the next level.

And now I'm 2 for 2...just picking up this GREAT SC300. Brian was good enough to meet me 1/2 way and delivered a great car.

Car is in awesome shape, fantastic really. The wildest thing? Brian provided a folder of all maintenance records. Oh, and I mean ALL...dating back to January 1992 when the car had 3800 miles!

Now...just needs a small 1" drop maybe and...ummm...*maybe* a turbo...but just a little 60mm :)

Thanks again, the car will be well taken care of!!

Jay

·
Proud Supporter of NE2K9
661 Posts
How awesome is that! We're now like a little Lexus family! LOL. Congrats on the new purchase.

I got some CCW's, T67DBB kit, fuel, and AEM coming for your old Lex! I got the Classics in 17inch with 315 555R's on the back. I want 0 wheel spin!!!

Jason, if you need parts or help with the install, I'd love to be able to help!!!!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Jason. You made the sale go very smoothly. It was hard letting go, but I'm glad to see that it went to a true enthusiast.

Also, send me an email with your address. I need to mail you the valet key.

-Brian.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts