Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD : 1994 Converted ST205 GT4 Alltrac in Colorado $10k FIRM!

Sold

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha love the avatar! thanks ya im pretty much dumpin it, one sold last year for 12k so it should move quick i hope. I have another project in the garage that needs to be finished before the track opens!

·
Old School Bruiser
298 Posts
Good god, that thing is SICK. I have never seen one of these on the road, rare as hell. GL with the sale, I'll let some of my friends know.

·
Canadian monster
596 Posts
damn, my first dream car. That must have been a lot of work, are the rear seats still functionnal?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the compliments, yes the rear seats are still functional, but they are not in the car, the fuel cell had sprung a leak, and got the back seats :( its fixed now but the seats are in the trash can lol. I found a set locally for $75 but its a 3 hour drive sigh, waiting for a more local pair to pop up. it was a lot of work, it runs and drives great, the custom rear end mounting works awesome, it sustained many 1.70 60' launches back in 05 :) that was on the stock turbo at mile high, this thing could be a beast easily due the the light weight (2850 lbs) or so.. maybe a little lighter, was under 3k with me in it , I weigh 150lbs or so

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Man that car is sweet. I saw one of these (converted st205) in CT for sale a few years back and the guy wanted like $16k or something. Must be a lot of work to get that running. Best of luck on the sale. Post it on alltrac.net if you haven't already.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I remember that one in CT, thats actually where I was born :) I do have it on alltrac.net I have had a ton of interest, a few lowballers... and a few people with a stock 94 celica with an ugly body kit that want me to give them $6000 in trade twords the car lol! ya the car is worth WAY more than 10k this is an absolute sacrifice to get "the other car" in my garage going hehe...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks :) I wish someone would buy her so i can get my project running hehe. The custom fab work into this car is very intense, I think my bottom price of $10k is well worth it so hopefully it should sell soon. Keep in mind this chassis only weighs 2800lbs or so (without driver) throw an upgraded turbo kit and some injectors on it and it would be a little monster ;) this car would go 11's for less than $3k into it! The 3sgte is a very strong engine, they hold 400hp pretty easily and reliably with a good tune. Cast iron block, forged crank, rods are super strong, factory oil squirters etc. kind of like a baby 2jz haha. anyways someone buy this! much cooler and sleeper than your $25k used evo/sti ;)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
what about the tranny? I hear they're pretty fragile... I'm not trying to start shit or anything, just saying what I heard. correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what about the tranny? I hear they're pretty fragile... I'm not trying to start shit or anything, just saying what I heard. correct me if I'm wrong.

no worries at all, the stock transmission FWD in the celicas are only good to about 300wheel hp then they blow up, the MR2 transmission that alot of people put in (for FWD) is good for 500+, this is the gen 3 AWD transmission that someone currently runs a 900hp setup on and revs to 9,000 RPMS, here is a link to his car, I have spoken with him before and he said he has never had issues with the tranny. Its actually VERY strong! and no offense taken on the question, its a good thing to ask!

here is that link to his setup

http://www.turbo4wd.net/pat/index.htm

look at his spec sheet, he runs a stock st205 transmission :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
o and to add to that, the gen 3 st205 transmission has tripple cone synchros on 1st and second i believe, and double on 3rd and 4th. The USDM transmission is MUCH more fragile (prob what you were thinking of) they use single synchros on most of the gears and I think double on 1st... but i dont remember exactly the specs so dont quote me on that!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Very cool, what type of numbers does it put down?
well when I had it tuned on more boost back in 2005 it put down 265 "SAE corrected" all wheel horsepower on a dyno dynamics "uncorrected 225ish" I think they use a 15% corection factor on that dyno. This is when I ran the 13.1 @ bandimere with AFC tuning. the dyno dynamics reads about 8 % low but they seem to be much better for tuning so it prob makes about 300 awhp on a dynojet @ sea level at about 20 psi of boost. right now I have it set at stock boost which is 13.8 psi. Stock hp is 255 at the crank rated from the factory.

O and when I went to NHRA's website and put in my 1/4 mile time, at half of the standard N/A correction factor it says to use, they should a 13.1 would equate to a 12.6 1/4 mile time at sea level. Sucks we lose so much power up here :( bikes and n/a cars lose about 30% power @ 5800 ft elevation

1 - 20 of 55 Posts