Name: Jon G
Phone number: 25zero86three19eight3
City: Kelowna
State: BC / Canada
Zipcode: V1X

Price : $39,000.
Mileage: 67,000 KMs
Clean Title

I know everyone will think this price is way too high but im just testing the waters.
SOLD SOLD SOLD PLEASE REMOVE AD
1994 Toyota Supra original twin turbo car, auto tranny, LSD rear. I am the original owner in Canada (imported back in 2010).

High quality parts: CCW wheels, Dunlop fronts and Toyo R888 rears, KW coilovers, titanium strut bar, real Bride Stradia seats, HKS carbon-ti exhaust, Alpine/JL Audio sound system, updated headlights and tail lights, Hallman manual boost controller..... etc.

Exterior is a 8 out of 10. Interior is a 9 out of 10.
Auction grade was 4/B

Car is very clean and i meticulously maintain it. I do not need the money nor am i in a rush.

Some photos here.

https://goo.gl/photos/vCfDWruZ2Vnb7dVt8

·
Registered
826 Posts
Holy hell! What do LHD cars go for in Canada? That's LHD 6 speed money in the states

·
Registered
42 Posts
RHD cars don't go for this price. They can be found for sale in the mid-20's.
Maybe 2-3 years ago... RHD RZ, RZ-S have skyrocketed... considering it is an Auction Grade 4/B and only 67000km he can easily ask for $30kish... $39 is a bit steep for an auto though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I see them for sale regularly on kijiji in the 25K range.
for an auction Grade 4B with 67k? hell i was on kijiji craislist autrotrader everyday canada wide from january until june and never saw a TT with an auction grade B with that low Km. all the ones being sold for 20-25 k range have about 150k.

i also contacted over a half dozen kijiji sellers that were selling for a questionable low cost... and all replied back with "give me your best offer because i have hundreds of inquiries and offers at more then my asking price"

or "Im not sure why the CEL light is on (doesnt state on add) but the car runs great"

or 6spd TT with "W58" trannies, yet the words NA swap was never mentioned

·
Registered
232 Posts
for an auction Grade 4B with 67k? hell i was on kijiji craislist autrotrader everyday canada wide from january until june and never saw a TT with an auction grade B with that low Km. all the ones being sold for 20-25 k range have about 150k.

i also contacted over a half dozen kijiji sellers that were selling for a questionable low cost... and all replied back with "give me your best offer because i have hundreds of inquiries and offers at more then my asking price"

or "Im not sure why the CEL light is on (doesnt state on add) but the car runs great"

or 6spd TT with "W58" trannies, yet the words NA swap was never mentioned
They may not have been a perfect example, but weren't insanely high mileage or wrecked by any means. I don't watch them that often but did post a couple earlier this year that were for sale in the mid 20's.

Maybe those cars were such that you talked about having unlisted problems.

Regardless, good luck to the seller with his car.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Holy hell! What do LHD cars go for in Canada? That's LHD 6 speed money in the states
32 USD for an original TT auto car with 40,000 miles? wow, i must be looking at the wrong market.

I realize i am high but maybe not as high as some people think.... just wait to see what happens to the values of these cars in the next couple years.... assuming there isnt a major financial crisis or WWIII

And Manilaice is right..... mid 20's cars all have 120,000km and up.... or or swaps, or beaten to death, etc ....

·
Registered
826 Posts
32 USD for an original TT auto car with 40,000 miles? wow, i must be looking at the wrong market.

I realize i am high but maybe not as high as some people think.... just wait to see what happens to the values of these cars in the next couple years.... assuming there isnt a major financial crisis or WWIII

And Manilaice is right..... mid 20's cars all have 120,000km and up.... or or swaps, or beaten to death, etc ....
I'm def not taking anything away from your car, it is done up nicely. The values will go up, they already have in the past 2-3 years. There are a ton of RHD Supras for sale here in Florida, but people are pricing them the same as LHD cars. Honestly I don't care what side of the car you drive on, but many people in the states seem to look down on RHD cars.

·
Registered
323 Posts
A 94 LHD 6-speed (swapped) went for 39,500 here a few months back.

This pricing is absurb, this car should be somewhere in the 20's.

For a supra, it has the 2 worst traits going for it...Auto and it's RHD. There is no way it should be priced like a LHD.

Either way, goodluck with sale. Maybe you'll find a mark.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know LHD cars fetch more than RHD, obviously.... if the car was a LHD it would be more.

Keep in mind guys when you are comparing cars...... you have to consider 4 main things.... Originality (swap or no swap, genuine TT, etc), mileage, condition (inside and out) and desirability.

There are 8 mkiv's on autotrader.ca right now..... and yes im high, but to be honest not that high! And yes i realize people dont always get their asking price.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Consider, when comparing cars, how rare they are. There were 218 Canadian LHD cars (and ~5000 US cars)? There were 45,000 RHD JDM Supras? IMO, supply and demand is what prices these. I'm not saying JDM is worthless obviously, but there is still a big supply of them out there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
There is a 6 speed rhd on autotrader for 28.5k.

Pull your head out your ass, you'd be lucky to fetch 30k from a fool.
you mean this one? http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Toyota/Supra/EDMONTON/Alberta/19_10337418_/?mnclk=1&showVs=1

that looks strangely similar to one being sold from Calgary 3 months ago..... with the uknown check engine light problem.... AND owner said he didnt have any of the previous Japanese records and accident history... or odometer checks cause car was baught through a dealership in canada....

not hard to go on ebay and buy a cluster with lower KM

·
Registered
2 Posts
You go on any facebook group all MKIV Supra's are priced in the 30's that are RHD doesn't mean anyone buys them there's posts that are almost a year old and no one wants them. People can ask for a million dollars doesn't mean they'll get it. I'm sure he's not serious based on the price if he was it wouldn't be priced as high. Air cooled 911's have been sitting at PFAFF for just as long if not longer because this "inflation" of vehicle prices are just ridiculous. I'm sorry it needed to be said but good luck with the sale I'd try kijiji though you won't get a bite on here.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Clean car. Glws. Rhd tt 6pds with under 100k kms (grade 4 and above) have gone up in price at the auctions. Low mileage rhd tt 6pds were going for $30k at the auction when I bought mine back in 2010. For an auto it might be priced a bit on the high side..

·
Registered
213 Posts
Wow super clean 94 TT! I have an alpine silver 94 TT auto RHD as well that is near stock. Some of you may have seen it for sale in the summer on autotrader or kijiji Alberta.

Didn't sell but as they get closer to 25 years old I think more US buyers will be looking. There is still a following for the MK4 and RHD cars are a cheap entry point for those who can't afford LHD collector pricing. In this case the OP's car has just 42,000 miles so it commands a higher than normal price.

Sure there were a lot more made in Japan. Just keep in mind thousands of them were trashed, modded like crazy with ugly body kits and cut out dashes for gauges, and parted out. Many more have been sent to the UK, Australia and other countries that have loose import laws. There is a finite supply of clean RHD MK4s.

Either way the market will decide what our cars are worth. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
792 Posts
We still need to remember autos shift faster.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts