1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: 1995 Supra TT 6spd White Stock turbo 65k miles

What is your First & Last name?: Mike Li
-What is your email?: mike2016 at gmail.com
-What is your phone number: six two six - 864- six one zero zero (please text first)
-What is your City? : Los Angeles
-What is your State? : CA
-What is your Zipcode? : 91768

1995 Supra TT 6speed (Original 6spd)
65k miles
White exterior
Black interior
2 previous owners (2nd owner had it since 1998)
Clean carfax. No accidents.
ALL VINs on panels

SOLD!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm a bit confused by your definition of stock. You describe it as stock, near stock, or almost stock several times, yet have a laundry list of current modifications. The most conspicuous of which I find to be the "NHTA certified" cage. I assume this is meant to be NHRA. Very rarely does someone cage a car unless they are racing seriously. And in order to go fast/quick enough to require a cage, this car would need significantly more mods than it currently has, which would lead one to believe the car had significant mods removed in order bring it back closer to stock. In addition to the cage, the fact you recently sold an AEM V1, line lock, and "one off custom made clutch kit by Mcleod for drag racing" off this car gives a lot more insight as to the prior history of the car. I have no problem with mods, modded cars, or raced cars, but removing serious drag racing mods then describing the car as "almost stock" I find to be a bit disingenuous, especially when you are well aware of the cars history. By not disclosing major items like this, it begs the question, what else is not being disclosed?

What is your First & Last name: Mike Li
What is your email: mike2016 -at- gmail dot com
What is your phone number: 626 eight six four six one zero zero
What is your City: Pomona
What is your State: CA
What is your Zipcode: 91768

Selling a few parts that came with my car.
Click the links for pictures below!

AEM EMS V1 - $600 SHIPPED SOLD!
- It works perfectly and has a map for stock twins, it drives decent. I don't know anything else.
- Only the MAP sensor is included. I believe it's the 5bar. You need to purchase the connector.
Pics - https://flic.kr/p/EV8d4h
https://flic.kr/p/FQyRbr

Mcleod Clutch Kit with flywheel - $300 SHIPPED

- one off custom made clutch kit by Mcleod
- for drag racing. slightly slippable
- sinter iron disk
- pressure adjustable
- push type conversion included

*** This kit needs some work. It came with the car when i purchased it, and I hated it. Drivability was okay, a lot better than HKS triple disc. but it had a vibration I think it was due to not being balanced correctly. and the flywheel looked like it had some contact with something at one point. there was no noise on my car.

Pics - https://flic.kr/s/aHsky4W5tT

Line lock - $100 SHIPPED
Includes all the hydraulic lines, fittings, solenoid and a brake pressure gauge for the cabin. It came off my car and it was working. I don't drag race so I took it out.
you need to make your own wiring to trigger the solenoid.
I ripped the wires out and threw them away....
Pics - https://flic.kr/s/aHsky8MbxW

FJO Wideband with Display - NO SENSOR - SOld
Model CWC0002 + DWB0002
It was in my car but the previous owner couldn't find the sensor, the shop removed it after tuning. I had to cut the wires for easier removal. You just have to resolder them.
Pics - https://flic.kr/s/aHskuKFmWr

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm a bit confused by your definition of stock. You describe it as stock, near stock, or almost stock several times, yet have a laundry list of current modifications. The most conspicuous of which I find to be the "NHTA certified" cage. I assume this is meant to be NHRA. Very rarely does someone cage a car unless they are racing seriously. And in order to go fast/quick enough to require a cage, this car would need significantly more mods than it currently has, which would lead one to believe the car had significant mods removed in order bring it back closer to stock. In addition to the cage, the fact you recently sold an AEM V1, line lock, and "one off custom made clutch kit by Mcleod for drag racing" off this car gives a lot more insight as to the prior history of the car. I have no problem with mods, modded cars, or raced cars, but removing serious drag racing mods then describing the car as "almost stock" I find to be a bit disingenuous, especially when you are well aware of the cars history. By not disclosing major items like this, it begs the question, what else is not being disclosed?

I find the cage to be perfectly fine even for a street car, the car has less body flex especially those with sport roof.

The previous owner intended to make the car into a serious drag racer, but he never finished it.

he did only those mods I sold a while ago, they came with the car then I removed them and replaced with better parts or OEM.

He still has a brand new titan 3.4L long block for the car which he tried to sell me as a package when I acquired the car. There's also a spare V160 which I sold it for him on SF.

the car is completely stock mechanically, besides the ACT clutch. Engine and stock turbos were never touched. Never had a single.

the current mods that the car has are far superior than stock while being in stock form, such as radiator, FMIC, oil cooler , p/s cooler. i call it almost stock.

if you are a serious buyer feel free to give me a call

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Open to offers!

I can put the stock wheels and suspension back and reduce the price to $45,000.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Appreciate the comments.

I think this is as close to unmolested as you can get for a 6spd with this low miles.

Can you find another one on the market that does not have a crazy turbo, crazy bodykit and high mileage?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Please PM me the VIN. Thank you.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Do you own this car flat out? Title in hand, or is there a Lien?

So it sounds like the car went from stock ECU to AEM, then back to stock.....any issues there? Check engine light or anything?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you own this car flat out? Title in hand, or is there a Lien?

So it sounds like the car went from stock ECU to AEM, then back to stock.....any issues there? Check engine light or anything?

CA Title in hand.

The previous owner had a AEM V1 and was tuned for stock everything.

when I bought the car it was on stock ECU and it passed CA smog check.

No check engine lights.

I also have a GForce ECU that I can include with the sale.

·
Registered
713 Posts
01/03/2016 TUSTIN, CA
State Agency FAILED EMISSION INSPECTION
I'll pass. Thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll pass. Thanks
It failed because the downpipe that the previous owner had on the car. It passed smog with stock downpipe. I have the receipt.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still available. Open to offers!

·
Will work for Supra parts
624 Posts
To be clear, what kind of rear differential is in this car? I saw one of your posts asking why your car had an automatic spec rear diff. Also, another post asking about all the noise from the clutch and v-160. Can you shed a little light on this? Thank you.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
To be clear, what kind of rear differential is in this car? I saw one of your posts asking why your car had an automatic spec rear diff. Also, another post asking about all the noise from the clutch and v-160. Can you shed a little light on this? Thank you.
The car has a 6spd diff.
I didn't post asking why my car had a auto diff, I was selling it. I knew from day 1 it had an auto diff.
The previous old man wanted to be a drag king and wanted all the acceleration, he bought a brand new auto diff.
I found the gear ratio too short and I bought a 6spd diff from a member here and swapped it.

the noise is from the ACT solid disk clutch & flywheel which I found unusually loud compared to my experience with other cars, therefore I posted a thread to ask for opinions.
It seems to be a normal behavior for ACT, but I was in a rush to replace the clutch when I bought the car, and just bought whatever was available.
It drives perfectly fine but the noise is embarrassing.

shortly after I bought a OS Giken Grand Touring clutch kit but haven't had a chance to install it yet. I can consider including it with the car depending on the price.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.