Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up for sale is a 1996 nissan 240sx. New pearl white paint job. 100k on the odometer and its ready for turbo. Helping a friend sell it, its not mine.

The looks:

Origin body kit
5zigen fn01rc bronze 17'' wheels
Seibon carbon fiber hood and trunk

Stiff stuff:

Tein coilovers
Tein tie rods
Tein tension rods

Performance:

Front mount(mounted but not hooked up)
Walbro Fuel pump
Cone on stock intake pipe
5zigen 3'' exhaust

Electronics:

Greddy turbo timer
S-Afc 2
Racing spec battery about the 1/4 the size of stock

Interior:

Momo monte carlo wheel
Rezo shift knob

Asking price is $9500 obo..if you dont like the price dont bother posting anything stupid. Make an offer or keep shut. ITs not my car and i didnt come up with asking price. Here are the pics

·
Registered
386 Posts
probably shouldn't try to sell a car from night pics, might make people think you have something to hide on the car.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill get day pics today, only chance i had to take pics was at night so far. Nothing to hide car is mint with a fresh paint job.

·
Registered
648 Posts
haha but you don't know what i was referring to.

edit: i just realized this..

Car:
Looking to buy. :wtcslap:

and yeah, as the people below me said, what does the car i drive have to do with my opinion (which i didn't even state)

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
I'm also gonna keep my mouth shut, according to your rules, even though I would only be constructive...

Edit: Oh yeah, and you can judge me by my car, also, since you're already on your high horse.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Wilks said:
Can you put up some day pictures of the car?

You should,
"Car:
1990 celica"
As if the car he drives has a damn thing to do with his opinion. :rolleyes:

I'll be the first one to say I don't care about the rules. I've been here since 01' because I owned a Supra--I've earned my stripes. The asking price is ridiculous, and thusly I've concluded the owner must be on crack. There, shoot me--I drive a sentra.

·
Registered
648 Posts
ok actually i can be constructive. in spite of saying "or best offer", i know that the times i have been searching, i avoid these like the plague if they say obo with a high-ish price. the reason is because, i get to these peoples' houses and test their cars and then try and give them a reasonable offer and they consider it a low ball and basically wasted both our time.

your friend's car does have a lot of extras, so i can see where he gets the price from. he should consider selling them separately. it looks like he has the car set up to go turbo but no turbo here. since the ka buildup is the less popular route, he might want to consider selling all the turbo accessories and then he will have better luck selling the car at a "fair" price.

basically, the car as it sits right now is waiting for a very specific buyer. one that doesn't mind being harassed by police because of a typical street racer looking car with carbon fiber hood and trunk. most people would consider getting that color matched and painted over, which adds $$$$ to the price.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what do you guys think is a fair price? i told him myself i think its too high, but its not my car.

·
Registered
317 Posts
1sick2 said:
what do you guys think is a fair price? i told him myself i think its too high, but its not my car.
It looks like a nice car from what I can see, so I'll take your word for it, but someone already mentioned the carbon fiber parts on both the front and rear might not appeal to everyone. So, he's got two options: leave the car 'as-is' and realize he'll have to wait for a very specific buyer or he can put the stock truck lid and hood back on and sell it a lot more quickly. Regarding the price, I think he should go no lower than $6,000 and no higher than $8,000 depending on if he wants to wait for the right buyer or if he wants to make a quick sale. If it were my car, I'd list it at $7500.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts