Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: 1998 Supra TT 33,XXX miles BONE STOCK!

*EDIT* The title states 30,000 miles, I meant to put 33,XXX!

I am selling a beautiful, stock 1998 Toyota Supra with LOW miles! The car only has 33,xxx miles. It is a twin turbo 6-speed, with flawless black leather interior.

Vehicle history:
This vehicle was purchased back in the winter of 2003 from the original owner. The carfax reports that the dealer owned the car for a short period of time, but the vehicle is mainly a one-owner car. He was an older gentleman who drove the car for pleasure. The owner sold this vehicle to us so he could purchase a brand new Lotus Elise. The car was stored in a heated garage during the winters, and the battery had a battery tender hooked up to it when I bought it so you know he maintained it well. The throttle body even had the original plastic cover over the “Traction Control” plate but that was removed after we purchased it. The car came with the ORIGINAL window sticker as you will see in the pics, as well as a targa wrench and all original documentation. My father collects cars, and after having experienced 2 MKIV Supras in the past, purchased this vehicle for himself. This vehicle replaced my father’s 1994 Supra, which was sold to a member of the forums (suprahead) who was very happy with the vehicle condition. Feel free to ask him any questions to confirm my credibility.

Vehicle Condition:
The vehicle was well maintained with mobile 1 synthetic being changed every 3000 miles, as reported by the original owner. I’ve owned a supra since 2002 so I am very familiar with them. When I purchased the vehicle I removed the ECU cover to confirm no electrical modifications were done. As I hoped/expected, there were NO signs/traces of any modifications whatsoever. The previous owner installed an ignition bypass switch underneath the dash as a theft-deterrent, as well as hard wired a Valentine1 radar detector near the rearview mirror. The vehicle is in great condition inside and out. It still retains the original battery and the tires were recently changed. The car pulls as hard as a bone stock supra should, but was never raced. The car drives like brand new, as it should with the miles.
Upon ownership of the car, we did a compression check and as expected compression was perfect in all 6 cylidners (160psi with no more than 2psi variance). We also just put brand new stock-sized tires on the original, flawless chrome TT rims.

I would prefer the buyer to not modify this car—there are fewer and fewer stock Supras out there everyday. We treated this as our ‘collectors car’, while I did all the modifications to my other, personal Supra. With all original items including the window sticker, this car is definitely a collectors item. You won't find too many more low mileage supras like this. I'll consider offers, but I am asking $39,999 for this gem.

These pictures were all taken within the last 2 months. The car was stored in a heated garage over the winter along with my fathers assortment of cars. The car had a battery tender on it and was started every 1-2 weeks to ensure proper lubrication in the motor. You'll notice in some of the pics my personal 1998 Supra, which was the "modified" supra I mentioned above. I can assure you that the stock Supra I am selling was not beat on and was extremely well cared for.

Please PM or e-mail any inquiries to mdl5299 <at> gmail.com

Thanks,

Mike

·
Banned
738 Posts
wow im speachless that is awesome and sooooo clean...glws i wish i had that kind of money

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Venom: I am approx 1.5 hours south of Rochester (went to school there).

92turbo4life: thanks for the kind words!

-mike

·
Spencer
823 Posts
Wow looks real nice mike! Mike definately knows his supras so anyone buying can rest assured that this car is what he says it is.

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
I'll consider offers, but I am asking $39,999 for this gem.

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MtFujiSupra said:
Thanks. First sign of old age (the vision goes). Are you looking for a straight-cash deal on this?
Yes, we are looking for cash. Although since my father is a corvette nut, he might consider a trade for an '06 Z06 although I'd have to run it by him.

Spencer, thanks for the compliment! It was a difficult decision to put this up on the market, but as you can see garage space is tight and my father needs the funds for other interests (real estate, corvette collections, etc). Anyway, hope to see you out this summer!

-Mike

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Wow sooo clean :faint: If you only knew how bad I wish I could take it off your hands :tear:

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
mav7 said:
Yes, we are looking for cash. Although since my father is a corvette nut, he might consider a trade for an '06 Z06 although I'd have to run it by him.

Spencer, thanks for the compliment! It was a difficult decision to put this up on the market, but as you can see garage space is tight and my father needs the funds for other interests (real estate, corvette collections, etc). Anyway, hope to see you out this summer!

-Mike
'06 ZO6 is a $80k car. GL with sale.

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone for the comments.

MtFujiSupra: It would be Z06 for Supra + Cash if it did happen.

jspecb18c: PM answered, it was good talking to you.

mkbvictory: Please contact me directly if you are interested and I can relay the VIN to you then.

I appreciate all of the responses guys... This car was priced to sell so whoever buys it will be getting a great deal.

There is currently a sale pending and I will keep you all updated.

-Mike

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.