Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Top Secret T78
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD!!!!

Baseline dyno'd 4/14/07 486.6whp!!!

Hi, I have my car up for sell now as I am going to use my money towards a house and my new family is more important than a car is (at least right now lol).

I have been emailed by a few people and I responded so I'll just add the list of my really long reply to them. I hope this helps with the buyer's choice of choosing or moving along to another car. I will state the following before anyone goes further....

94 model w/ 116K miles on it. Was stolen recovery (from what previous seller emailed me) salvage title, but car is good to go....with that being said heres the following information with mods.

1994 Twin Turbo 6spd from the factory w/ Targa top…
I bought it with 114K miles, now has right at 116K miles (Main reason I want to sell it is I don’t have time for it and I could use the money constructively insteadL)
I sent a guy some details on it; I hope it’s helpful…. See below

Well first off, I will sell the car, as i want to use the money towards purchasing a new house. I really dont have to but it will cut my loan down and blah blah blah I know you dont care.... Anyways its a 94 TT, 6spd, Targa. Everything works, I cant imply this enough! The a/c has always been cold. All the controls work, Traction control works and ABS (both didnt when I had bought the car) I bought the car from a LOSER, that lied to me about it, said it needed tuning when in fact it had a bad head gasket (due to someone taking the head off to port it previously). They didnt torque the head down properly. Also the valve stem seals were so dried up, I was aware of this because the car would smoke.... The car has 115K miles on it now, I bought it with 113K, at around 114K I took it to this shop locally to do the valve stem seals when they told me about the head gasket. I was outraged and felt cheated, but I said oh well not much I can do now. So I called Dusty at MVP and over nighted a 1.2 mm HKS head gasket, ARP head studs, and 264 in/ex cams. with that done the car no longer smoked and had a mean idle from the cams! At this time also the car was still twin turbo's, I noticed it would take off fast (turbo 1) but when I hit 2nd gear I had no more power, it was like all motor, it was an estimated 270bhp feeling car. I did some checking on them, and noticed a partial T78 Greddy kit had been listed for sell! I bought the turbo from one guy, and low and behold another guy sold me a Greddy manifold w/ Greddy wastegate and dumptube. I had a complete greddy kit now, I ordered NEW lines directly from Greddy (feed) and boost logic (drain). The day the last part arrived at my house I had the turbo bolted on! I took it up the road and in 2nd gear opened up WOT! I was so scared by the power/torque the car put out, I had to let out after 5K!!!!!!!! I was flipping out, so happy at all the work that I've done has actually paid off!

The car is making well over 400whp and 400wtq now at 14PSI (wastegate spring). Running the T78 on stock fuel is fine, as long as you dont top 16psi I personally only run 14psi for now anyways. The motor runs great, idles awesome w/ the bigger cams lobing. Thats about if for the motor!

As for the interior, it was rough, I have the rear seats out and rear interior out, its all in storage at the moment, I have planning to recover the rear seat maybe (unless i sell the car). The 94 seats were horrible, I still have them, I just cant sell them. I did however find a set of 98 tan leather seats with minimal wear, they feel so good you'd have to sit in it to know what I mean! The car also had indiglo gauges that were not wired properly so the dash lights didnt work at the time. I removed them and wired it back to the factory specs using solder not crimps that fall apart! I changed the fuses that were popped and the gauges light up great now! The car also had Apexi gauges that I removed because they werent even hooked up, so I sold them, I bought an AEM tru boost gauge/controller, I just havent installed the controller now (14psi is fun enough for me!). I have removed about 20 lbs of wiring where the previous owner had ghetto rigged a stereo setup, it was a mess. I have wired it back to factory specs as well, I havent taken the door panels off to see if I need to wire them up as I dont listen to the radio in this car. But it does work through some of the speakers(might be all but I dont really care to be honest). the carpet has stains from the previous owner (smoking and spilling coffee or drinks, but over all it looks fairly good) I just am in no hurry to pay 550 for new carpet! As for the targa, it does rattle a little, and the hatch does too, I bought new bump stops for the hatch, they are here, I havent had time to install them yet (5 min job to lol). One more thing, my car had an alarm on it, it was malfunctioning, I couldnt get the car to crank one time after taking the battery loose, I just was patient and followed all the mess of wiring and removed the cancerous tumor of an alarm! The car has lost about 50 lbs of horrible wiring mess thanks to me taking my time and bringing this car back to a clean state of repair! I know the car is happy and so is the alternator now! hahhaa, I'm currently at work so thats prolly why i am writting a book right now to you! As for mods list I will do my best to think off the top of my head, and as with all the work thats been done I have the bills/paper work to back up my claims, I want this car to go to someone that will really take care of it and finish the last few touches (to the interior, paint, and tuning)!

I bought the car last september. I've dropped over maybe close to 10 grand in the car since. I feel my price is great for someone who wants a Single turbo'd supra w/ 6spd trans. I've changed the springs, struts, brakes, lines, pads, valve stem seals, turbo, headgasket, cams, head studs, seats, exhaust, custom downpipe, boost controller, rear spoiler, and prolly more (just cant think at the moment).

Modifications:

Greddy T78 Full kit(2K miles estimated) (new)
HKS 3row intercooler
HKS 4inch TI exhaust 1200 bux! (new)
HKS BOV (new)
HKS 264 intake exhaust cams (new)
HKS 1.2mm headgasket (new)
ARP head studs (new)
AEM cam gears
Greddy T belt
Aluminum pulleys(alt, ps, water pump) (new)
Stock crank pulley (new) (old one was broken)
serp belt (new)
Fluidyne radiator
NGK plugs stock (best!)
Optima red battery
Powder coated intercooler piping (new)
T bolt clamps w/new strong hoses (new)
RPS clutch w/lite flywheel option
KYB struts (new) *purchased used w/ estimated 5K miles on them
Eibach springs (new) same as above
Cross drilled/slotted rotors (new 10 miles not 10K!)
Axis pads (new) same as above
stainless brake lines (new) same as above
Racing hart C5 wheels 18x9 front, 18x10 rear (I THINK!) I dont know for sure
245/40/18's front
275/40/18's rear
Euro headlights (glass) expensive mod! No smoky unclear lights here!
Philips HID's 5000K (new) 5 yr warranty!
AEM tru boost gauge (new)
98 ash tray
new windsheild (other had rock chips)
strut tower bar
Bright White tag light LED's (look awesome cost me only 20 bux)
New Alternator 110AMP verse 90AMP stock

Prolly more, just cant remember right now

Since I've owned the car it has never seen rain, but when I wash it the

spoiler does not leak!

THINGS I DONT LIKE ABOUT THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm an honest person and I want express everything I personally dont like about something, I wont hold back my opinion, this might make you not want to buy this car, but something you would like to know maybe. I wish more people were like me when it comes to details)

1. I don’t like targa tops, I want a hardtop (another reason I want to sell the car)
2. drivers side quarter has two 25 cent size dents in it (bought it this way)
3. drivers side door has a gap (door panel interior is crinkled)
4. previous paint job wasn’t bad but it could have been prepped better imho
5. previous owner backed the rear bumper into his garage (spider cracks here
and there)
6. only on the hood I noticed hail damage, nothing major i'm just picky
7. hatch rattles when driving in like a parking lot or at home (nothing major have new bump stops)
8. 93 to 96 interior trim (easy scratched) want to upgrade to 97 to 98
9. carpet is 7 out of 10 (previous owner said 9...)
10. paint is 7 out of 10 (previous owner said 9...)

Notes: The car rides smooth, I feel very safe in the car, a/c is very cold, heat is great, rear wiper works, 6spd shifts great! Other than that I LOVE this car! I drove it from orlando, florida with bad head gasket (didnt even know) and I had the A/C on full blast the entire way! gas mileage wasnt that bad on the interstate, I dont drive the car much now since I dont have much time for it.

As for price.... I am seeing stock 6spd / TT's going for 24K to 26K w/ same mileage

27K obo(CASH/CERTIFIED CHECK ONLY) I feel my price is very good and I am negotiable. Will ship the car if needed, but please come and check it out sometime! Think about the turbo kit 3K, cams 1K, headgasket and ARP studs 800, labor 1400, and the other parts I dont want to add up LOL. I do have all receipts for the items stated NEW (minus springs/struts as those were purchased locally from boostalmighty)

Thanks,
Jeff! One more Note: If you want a supra thats fast and fun, this is the one for you, sure theres some w/ 800 to 1100 whp but I dont think those are much fun on the street. This car could be driven to the beach or anywhere, sit in traffic w/ a/c on full blast and still run fine and get great gas mileage OR you could simply add AEM ECU, CDI, and Fuel System and aim for 650 to 750whp! Choice is yours!

·
Top Secret T78
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thread had to many characters... so here are the pics.

Sold the TRD wing, stock wing is back on the car

·
Registered
78 Posts
does all the safety features work? SRS self check light, all the air bags, horns, etc?

Its a PITA to get it to pass inspection here if it has an out of state salvage title. LMK...thanks

·
Top Secret T78
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does all the safety features work? SRS self check light, all the air bags, horns, etc?

Its a PITA to get it to pass inspection here if it has an out of state salvage title. LMK...thanks
It has all of the above, when I bought it the TRAC, ABS, and ! light were all on, turns out one abs plug was unplugged in the rear, i checked and replaced any blown fuses due to wiring mishaps from previous owners and all is GREAT NOW. The ! light only comes on when I have the E brake on which is how it should be lol.

Jeff

·
Top Secret T78
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I can get both tonight, been so busy, but a few more people have been inquiring about them as well.... I will post some tomorrow or maybe by lunch today!

EDIT ADDING PICTURES TO THIS POST.

and for the below post... I am located in the Spartanburg Area.

·
Acura Driver
45 Posts
Just out of curiosity, where in SC is this car located?

·
I blow up Toyota's
420 Posts
Nice car cover on the Rolla.

I know this car very well as I live a few miles away from him and have been around for a lot of the installation of parts. He hasn't taken a short cut on anything. Car rides very good and pulls strong. He just never drives the damn thing enough to enjoy it. Good luck on the sell even though I don't want you to sell it :1poke:

·
Top Secret T78
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice car cover on the Rolla.

I know this car very well as I live a few miles away from him and have been around for a lot of the installation of parts. He hasn't taken a short cut on anything. Car rides very good and pulls strong. He just never drives the damn thing enough to enjoy it. Good luck on the sell even though I don't want you to sell it :1poke:
I know man, its a sin to let it just sit all the time. So I thought I'd post it up for sell.... Toyoboy helped me put the T78 on in Dec/Jan and was with me on the first WOT pull and we are taking it to the dyno tomorrow! I'll keep everyone posted.

·
Top Secret T78
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I might have a potential buyer this weekend... I'll keep all posted.

·
Top Secret T78
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
will i be able to drive up from sc to va with this car?
with ease... it needs new tires, but nothing is dangerously bald, I just suggest with the power/torque its making not to be roasting the tires all the way through 4th gear ;)

I spun 4th gear pulls on the dyno maybe because the rear interior was removed....

·
Top Secret T78
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
very nice car...do those wheels have a 4 lug pattern on them, or am i retarded? thats weird
I guess your just retarded.... lol, no seriously I did the 4 lug conversion.... NO seriously i dont know what your talking about. LOL its stock 5x114.3

·
Registered
27 Posts
First off I wish I had my Lexus sold cause I would buy this in a heart beat!! Next It looks like to me there is no rear seat in there, or is there? Can you take a pic or two for me of that area? thanks

Red

·
Top Secret T78
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
First off I wish I had my Lexus sold cause I would buy this in a heart beat!! Next It looks like to me there is no rear seat in there, or is there? Can you take a pic or two for me of that area? thanks

Red
I took it out to clean it up, and the wiring, one of the ABS wires was unplugged throwing off my ABS check light and Brake light, which now has been fixed, however I like it without the interior in it right now lol

·
Top Secret T78
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bump, I am about to be purchasing a very expensive other car in the near future, with aproval of the girl friend of course ;) .... So I would like to sell it sooner than i thought now. I was asking 27K, but I'll take 26K now OBO.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.