Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Time to sell my car, I haven't driven it for so long and it's just taking up space,
Gonna use the money for investing,

94 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo Targa
White on Black leather
stock, 320 hp/315 torque
AUTOMATIC transmission
fully loaded, power everything of course
HKS turbo timer is the only mod
2nd owner bought when car had 45,000 kms
car has 85,000 kms now on it
no accidents,
very clean in & out

new battery
car is currently under storage insurance

looking for $30,000

also I know someone interested in my car but is wondering how much local shops charge to do a full tranny swap, if any of you know, please let me know

if interested in pics, leave your email address and I'll email some pics to you, but there's nothing special, it looks like a normal stock White MKIV

[email protected]
778-862-9787

VIN#JT2JA82J5R0010759 is my car

·
Single and Bangin
543 Posts
An auto to a 6 Speed swap will run you around $10-18,000 including labor depending on how you buy the parts (used or new) and your VIN is accually JT2JA not a 4

·
Registered
71 Posts
RossM said:
An auto to a 6 Speed swap will run you around $10-18,000 including labor depending on how you buy the parts (used or new) and your VIN is accually JT2JA not a 4
DAaaaaammmn. $18000 for a manual conversion!!! :ugh2:

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
RossM said:
10000 dollars minimum for a tranny that easily available for ~2k used?

·
Single and Bangin
543 Posts
keep in mind its not just the tranny thats makes the swap soo expensive its the labor and the extra little details like the drive shaft, ecu, tach, shift assembly (knob, linkage shifter) clutch ect ect , it all eventaully adds up. If you look on the Elmhurst's section brand new parts for the complete swap is around $11,000 US without tax, shipping, labor, shop parts and a clutch and it would cost you even more if you were to buy the parts locally since Elmhurst prices are about 20% cheaper :bigthumb: than our local toyota dealers.

Ross

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
RossM said:
keep in mind its not just the tranny thats makes the swap soo expensive its the labor and the extra little details like the drive shaft, ecu, tach, shift assembly (knob, linkage shifter) clutch ect ect , it all eventaully adds up. If you look on the Elmhurst's section brand new parts for the complete swap is around $11,000 US without tax, shipping, labor, shop parts and a clutch and it would cost you even more if you were to buy the parts locally since Elmhurst prices are about 20% cheaper :bigthumb: than our local toyota dealers.

Ross

yes but the car is not new, its used. So a fair comparison would be to add up the cost of used parts.

knob linkage shifter? Thats peanuts. Lightweight driveshafts are only like 300. Even the master cylinder is pretty cheap reman. Throw in a brand new perf clutch, which most people do, get the pedal off a parts car or even new cant cost that much. Not sure on the auto ecu, i know they work on mk3. Either way you pick up a tt 6sp ecu for like 300. All in all if you take it toyota it will cost you 15000 if you do it yourself, ide say under 4-5 easy.

·
Boostin'
146 Posts
Don't even bother going through all that trouble and just get a 6 speed if that's what you really want. It'll end up costing the same in the end, but it should cost less than $10000 depending on the parts you get.

·
Registered
259 Posts
well... the discussion is about why or why not this guy should do it.. i think..

but thats completely off the point hes trying to sell his car..

pictures are a good idea not because people need to be reminded what a supra looks like, but just to see the condition of it. try posting some up. and i think you should keep it auto. dont invest more just to gamble.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll try to post some pics tonight,
as for wanting to know about the tranny swap, my friend is interested in buying my car but only if he could do a 6spd swap for cheap

·
Registered
254 Posts
zerorecall said:
so you want $27,100 US Dollars for it? For an auto correct?,......
You can't compare US and Canadian Supras like that. This is actually the cheapest one around. Supply and demand. I was actually gonna write him a pm and tell him he'd better list that bitch for 35k or me and other canadian mkiv owners are gonna be in trouble when we try to sell.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
same car, just different location, I understand supply and demand, but if you trying to sell across the boarder then expect to get what the US guys get for the car.In US dollars
BTW nice car. :) I was just asking a question, not telling you what to sell it for.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I must of took it the wrong way but hell, its not even my car. I'm sure he has no interest of selling it to someone in the US when he could get at least 25% more here. I'd venture a guess of $23,5 US is all someone from the states would be willing to pay.

·
On 2 wheels
750 Posts
dondz said:
You can't compare US and Canadian Supras like that. This is actually the cheapest one around. Supply and demand. I was actually gonna write him a pm and tell him he'd better list that bitch for 35k or me and other canadian mkiv owners are gonna be in trouble when we try to sell.
And this is exactly why i hate living in Canada. We get ripped off trying to buy performance cars, motorcycles, etc because nobody wants to drive them in our shitty climate, so they are more rare. Sorry for the rant.

This is also why i will be importing a MKIV from the U.S.

Anyways, your car looks gorgeous poolshark, good luck with the sale!

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Jaxx said:
And this is exactly why i hate living in Canada. We get ripped off trying to buy performance cars, motorcycles, etc because nobody wants to drive them in our shitty climate, so they are more rare. Sorry for the rant.

This is also why i will be importing a MKIV from the U.S.

Anyways, your car looks gorgeous poolshark, good luck with the sale!
you hate living in Canada because you cant get a mkiv for 6k cheaper? :rolleyes:

·
1,020 Posts
What happened to you and your potential buyer from toronto.

I should kick both of you in the nuts for not showing up when you said you were going to.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts