Supra Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Anyone bought a can & have some left over. I will buy what’s left, just need enought for an area about 4”x4”. PM me please. Thanks

·
Registered
479 Posts
Are there any cans still available?

I'm refinishing 6 sets, and for anyone else stripping pre 97 panels, the hands down best chemical is methyl hydrate. I get heavy duty zip bags, and let them soak. The rubber coating will brush off with a toothbrush or equivalent, and does zero damage to the plastic. Then, scuff, prime and shoot.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think this ship has sailed. The guy doesn't respond any longer, and sure enough made sure the his name, phone number and email were wiped from here. Anyone wanting to go private investigator on him would need to talk to someone that finished a transaction with him. I thought I came up with a name, but it is a shot in the dark.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have 1 can of this spray, new never used. Willing to part with it for the right price.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Not trying to highjack this thread, I have a good friend in Austin TX who has perfected the painting of the OEM dash panels to be spot on identical to the 97-98 color panels. He did a set for me recently and I couldn’t be happier. I couldn’t tell a difference when I put them up against my true 97-98 dash panels
Attached are pictures of his work.
For details and pricing please message or call Sterling 512-814-9284

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
You are in good hands. The best truth be told.
Lol, yes. It was your listed V160
I love the dash pieces. He is not, at the moment, interested in selling the paint. But if you are looking for a good contact for the "one stop" reface, this is your guy.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
That’s awesome! So you’ve got the Baltic Blue Supra right?
He told me that he couldn’t sell the paint in a can as an option because the paint he uses drys too quickly. I think I would rather have the dash panels painted by hand rather than spray painted anyways.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts