Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This being my first post, I thought I'd try anyways. I did read the sticky's up top..but was still a lil unsure =P.

So Imma try this until I'm contacted by a admin or the post gets deleted.

I have a 1998 Toyota Supra NA automatic rolling shell for sale. Its a 15th anniversary edition in black. The car was caught on fire from the interior and it reached up a lil to the firewall. The only thing good on the car is the body, suspension/wheels, and motor and trans. The car IS a SALVAGE TITLE. The car is located in Fontana, Ca near the AAA Speedway. I'm asking $3,500 firm.

I'll post some pictures of the car and go into more detail later...just to wait and see if this post gets deleted.

FOR LOCAL PICK UP ONLY !! =)

·
You know I'm retarded...
2,907 Posts
Just post some med size pics, bro! :D

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
This Supra he is selling is the one i was gonna buy for my next build. After doing all the math, both dashboard and engine harness, carpets, seats, any harness from the unterior, fuel pump, all windshields, hood, targa,door panels and ALL panels inside, and the plastic panels between the hood and the windshield need to be replaced. Too much $ to restore for 3k$. If it was like 1500-2000 maybe a deal. But now 3500, im good:)... He just made a screen name on here hoping to sell it.

·
tastie treats
2,551 Posts
So basically he picked it up and is looking to make a profit. Man, trying to rip off the Supra community.:madfawk:

·
JZA70 or go home!!
2,495 Posts
wtf?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
This Supra he is selling is the one i was gonna buy for my next build. After doing all the math, both dashboard and engine harness, carpets, seats, any harness from the unterior, fuel pump, all windshields, hood, targa,door panels and ALL panels inside, and the plastic panels between the hood and the windshield need to be replaced. Too much $ to restore for 3k$. If it was like 1500-2000 maybe a deal. But now 3500, im good:)... He just made a screen name on here hoping to sell it.
Dude, even if it was FREE I would not take it. It's still a salvage title vehicle, and you can pick up a clean title NA Auto for about 9k-10k

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
>>> got dibs on the FIREwall <<<

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So basically he picked it up and is looking to make a profit. Man, trying to rip off the Supra community.:madfawk:
I didn't pick it up and try to flip it for a profit. I've had the car for a few years and decided to sell it. The way it works for me, is I pick up ALOT of cars thru insurance auto auctions for parts etc, cuz I own a Junk Yard here in Fontana. This is just one car I had that I planned to rebuild for myself but don't have the time or money to.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

The smarter,cheaper, and best route to rebuild this Supra would pick up another Supra thats wrecked body wise or something. You seemed to be going piece by piece.

I also get the feeling you seem to be bashing me or making me sound like something that I'm not. I have this Supra that I don't want no more, and I'm just selling it. Anyone who is interested in the car is free to come look at the car and make a reasonable offer. Just like with you, you came to my yard and looked at the car. I've told everyone who ever asked me about it whats wrong etc, I never tried to hide anything about it. I'm a straight seller who likes to tell everything up front cuz I hate when buyers come back and crawl up my butt later about something gone wrong. BTW You the dude wanting to trade your VR4 and some other stuff for it ??

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's some pics of the car. And yea, it's a 1997. my bad. I got the car thru a auction several years ago and planned on rebuilding it for myself. I was going to wait to see another supra with the opposite damage as this one so that way I can put 2 and 2 together. The project was never a priority for me, just something as I went along. I also have a 93 RX-7 that started having issues. So I tend to focus a lot more on my FD instead. Right now I'm in no rush to sell my Supra, but if i do i do. I'd probably use that money to dump into my FD. Plain and simple. Car sits on my wrecking yard for anyone seriously interested to see. So I don't see how any scamming can take place, other than you being blind and retarded.

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
The smarter,cheaper, and best route to rebuild this Supra would pick up another Supra thats wrecked body wise or something. You seemed to be going piece by piece.

I also get the feeling you seem to be bashing me or making me sound like something that I'm not. I have this Supra that I don't want no more, and I'm just selling it. Anyone who is interested in the car is free to come look at the car and make a reasonable offer. Just like with you, you came to my yard and looked at the car. I've told everyone who ever asked me about it whats wrong etc, I never tried to hide anything about it. I'm a straight seller who likes to tell everything up front cuz I hate when buyers come back and crawl up my butt later about something gone wrong. BTW You the dude wanting to trade your VR4 and some other stuff for it ??
Oh im not trying to bash you at all. Just saying you gave me a quote through cragslist and now its on SF for another extra 500$, thats all im saying. Oh goodluck non the less. Its completely restorable and just about 85% of the parts can be found in here. So for anyone who has anywhere from 5-8k laying in their bank account and gots time, this is a good route. Just not for me:D

1 - 20 of 68 Posts