2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
-What is your First & Last name?:Kirk price
-What is your email?:[email protected]
-What is your phone number? :727-4two4-7398
-What is your City? :St Petersburg
-What is your State? :Florida
-What is your Zipcode? :33711

I've been making these for members for a few years after realizing the "Universal" brackets that come in hood damper kits were pretty crappy. They are $35 shipped in the US, $45 to Canada.
I also now have the fender studs available, they are $15 per set with stainless washers.
PM me for pricing shipped elsewhere. Paypal is [email protected]
I also now do complete sets which include the custom brackets for the MKIV, the 2 M6x1.0 10mm fender studs with stainless washers and new black powdercoated US made struts. Price for the complete kit is $103.50
47522954182_a971176d6d_o.jpg
For those looking for the struts themselves check Liftsupportsdepot.com
Black 20" 60lbs struts & Stainless 20" 60lbs struts.
You will have to source the M6x1.0 10mm ball fender studs also which I have found on both Liftsupportdepot & Ebay.

For carbon fiber strut kits I recommend the Prosportgauges.com kit.

The struts can also be purchased from NAPA autoparts, part #BK8195519. As well as the M6x1.0 10mm ball studs for the fenders, part #BK735-3608.

These can be used with stock or aftermarket hoods and reuse the stock self centering bolts that are already in place. If there are any questions just let me know. If you have no idea what hood dampers are here are some pics installed.

·
Member Since 2000...
909 Posts
Any recommendations for good c/f struts for a c/f hood?
If I can find some struts I'd be interested in your brackets, thank you!

·
Member Since 2000...
909 Posts
Payment sent, was wondering the same about the ball mount as well, or do they come with the strut kit?

·
Racing is Life.
1,063 Posts
I'm interested also but only if there is info on which struts to use and whether or not the other end of the strut ball comes with it.

·
Over Medicated
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't recommend to many of the Fleabay kits but you're more than welcome to check what is there. I recommend checking ProsportGauges CF kits. They do work with CF hoods. This is the one I use as well as several other. My brackets do come with the studs attached.
Yota 3.0 - Most kits will come with the fender side studs that are M6x1.0.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
For those asking about dampers/struts see THIS.

I have a pair of the sokie tech with the brackets Kurt sells. It works well. The hood dampers tend to come with all the necessary hardware to install, including the brackets, but the brackets are pretty small and don't really disperse the weight well. These brackets provide a much more sturdy platform.

A lot of hood dampers warn against using with CF hoods. A quality CF hood will probably work fine, but I'd be careful regardless of what the manufacturer says because if it does damage the hood I wouldn't expect to get much help from anyone.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I bought mine a couple days before this page went up and received them a few days ago. Great Quality and thanks again. I just need to go out and order the struts soon.
+1 Mine came in earlier this week and I'm extremely impressed with the quality. Will post results using them to mount a set of Tein hood dampers.

·
Over Medicated
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Those look much niver than the universal junk I have seen.

Do any of the aftermarket hood struts work with these or is there a specific one you recommend?
Yes, any of the aftermarket kits will work. Or if your planning on buying generic struts from an autoparts store look for 20" long, 60lb force weight struts. You may have a difficult time finding the fender studs though. They need to be M6x1.0 thread, 10mm ball. They only place I've been able to find them is NAPA and they are usually $6.00 each.

Hello Kurt, is there a preference on whether the strut side of the damper is connected to the hood or the fender?

Thanks!
No, it's really personal preference and how you think it looks. I like the big end down just to keep the seals in the oil to keep them from drying out.

Money sent for a pair of brackets.
Got it. These will go out Tuesday because of the Labor Day holiday.

1 - 20 of 461 Posts