Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NAME: Usaid G.
PHONE NUMBER: 630 226 5072 (please call after 3pm weekdays, anytime weekends)
EMAIL:
PAYMENT PREFERENCE: Cash, or trade + cash.

------------------------------------------------------------------

PRICE: $2500 OBO
ITEM:1991 Toyota Supra N/A 5-speed Moonroof non-TEMS.
DESCRIPTION:

Engine:

Somewhat stock 7M-GE with 206k original miles. Only thing it has is an AEM intake, and a walbro fuel pump that was just put in. I bought the car not running and put in a new pump, started it up, and realized it had rod knock, or some kind of very bad ticking noise. It doesn't do it on startup, but only when I rev it past 2kish rpms. It will either need a rebuild or swapped out, its upto you. It's driveable right now but I wouldn't recommend it.

Exterior:

The exterior of the car I would rate about 8.5/10. It's clean and has no rust/dings/dents. I would give it that rating because of teh paintjob. It's currently Dodge Viper GTS blue and was painted over maroon or super red or something like that. Engine bay and door jams are still red, which show the original color.

Interior:

The interior of the car is VERY VERY VERY clean. About 9.5/10. Its grey, has no rips or anything like that in the seats. No scratches, cracks, or blemishes on the dash or any plastics in the interior. I would say the interior is perfect but the armrest in the middle is ripped, that's all. Otherwise The interior is super clean and probably the best I've seen in an MK3.

Suspension:

The car has stock springs/shocks, basically everything is OEM and in good shape. It doesn't need anything. Drives as straight as an arrow and feels very good around corners.

Brakes/tires:

The tires are brand new. I've only taken it around the block a few times but otherwise they have never been driven on. Dont know right now exactly what brand they are, but I will find out once I get home. The wheels are the stock 91 5-spoke's and are in decent condition I guess. I'd give them a 7/10.

My asking price is $2500 OBO CASH, and I am willing to take trades + cash on your part, or a straight up trade, whichever.

I'm looking for anything really, as long as it runs and looks decent. This includes S13 Hatch's, DSM's, Starions, Civic's, Integra's, Cressidas, MR2's, just let me know what you have.

Car is located in Bolingbrook, IL

Pics:

These are all the pics I have for now, I will get more tomorrow. Oh, and fyi, all the stickers that you see on the car above are taken off.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Why are you selling? Easier to buy a different one than to fix this one, eh?

·
Registered
601 Posts
I can't believe your selling it, I thought you just had it re-built. Well i guess family comes first. sorry to hear you're selling it.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Your only hope for that price is an idiot on craigslist but even then it probably won't happen. I don't see how a NA rodknock with a incomplete paint job is worth more then $1000 unless its 91-92 shadow grey with sunroof or maybe a turbo. This is coming for a guy who absolutely believes MKIII's can sell for good prices. Not to mention it's non-tems which probably means its not the sport package so it has a open rear end.

·
HMOOB VWJ NYOB MINNESOTA
1,352 Posts
If you ever decided to part it out, let me know. I like to take a few things from that car :D

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
I'm not going to reply on SM to your fs thread and I will also be nice enough to delete my message. However this is what I originally was going to reply to it:

Not stupid comments, and I never said you couldn't ask that price, I said it won't sell for it. If you can sell it at that price you should be a fucking salesman that's all I have to say.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Unfortunately I have to agree with most people, Usaid. If the car had the full kit and paint matching, non-knocking, you might be able to squeeze 2000. non turbo, non matching colors, knocking engine, you probably won't get what you're asking for it, not from this community anyways.

Sorry boss, just had to lay that out there.

·
Slow MK3
3,160 Posts
i told you dude at the meet, the car won't go for 2500. you be lucky to get 700 or 800 for it. Remember, you got a mk3, that is a Na. your pretty much selling a shell. the motor is done for. missing tail light and not sure what else.

Not trying to sound like an ass but why are people these days assuming their mk3's ganna go for alot of money with problems.

I can easily pick up a mk3 WITH A 1jz! for 2500 of supramania. I've seen couple of them on there. Body not so great but still 1jz swap done, a prefect running car. for 2500.

·
Slow MK3
3,160 Posts
to back my statement up

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96408

Usaid, i m not trying to sound like an ass, its your car, do whatever you want to do with it. But if i were you, keep the car and swap out the motor. i m sure you can find a ge motor on the forum for cheap and swap it out. Drive it till it blows up. Thats what i m doing with mine.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking when I saw that 1jz Supra for $2500. Why the hell would anyone buy yours? Seriously if you think we are being assholes getting your head out of the clouds then sorry come down here with the rest of us.

Not all hope is lost. You could easily do a little quality work to that to make it worth more. I would start by finishing the paint job ( including the engine bay ), and buy any running motor you can find. If you need anything minor off my entire 87t car I'm parting out let me know. Most of the little stuff I'm going to give away for free as long as it doesn't prevent me from towing it out of my driveway.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts