Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS: Fully Built GTE Head, 6spd Clutch Bearings, Shims & Buckets, GTE Intake upper &

EDIT: New thread started as the buyer backedout.

See below for lots of detailed pics of bare head

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exhaust ports (starting with Cylinder 1 and then general shots)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Intake ports (starting with Cylinder 1 and then general shots)

·
Built T78 6spd
263 Posts
emailed about bearings

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Exhaust Side top of Head (Starting with Cylinder 1)

Intake Side top of Head (Starting with Cylinder 1)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Exhaust bottom of head (Starting with cylinder 1)

Intake bottom of head (Starting with cylinder 1)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
VSS are finally on there way. Few interested parties, couple close offers, but not quiet there yet, keep them coming.

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,097 Posts
Forgive me if I missed it, but does the upper/lower intake come with the throttle body as well? Did you have the TRAC plate removed?
-Dan

·
Leon Wilson III
29 Posts
So what was the cause of the cylinder head failure?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Forgive me if I missed it, but does the upper/lower intake come with the throttle body as well? Did you have the TRAC plate removed?
-Dan
Sorry TB is not available. Fisrt post updated.

So what was the cause of the cylinder head failure?

I do not have an easy answer for this one, of all the people I have spoken with; we've concluded it was a combination of things: an air pocket in the casing process combined with heat (egr blocked at intake manifold) and corrosion. Once this took its toll on the pocket and it finally opened up enough, this allowed the exhaust gasses to get around the gasket which caused me to hold higher temps and push coolant.

Even though the car never overheated (or mixed fluids) and in my opinion a healthy set-up does not push coolant, I would push a table spoon worth of coolant after a couple of 5th gear pulls. This was verified by me using white shop towels next to the overflow tank. I then put the car away in the fall of 09 and bought a ported & built head knowing this one was coming off. All of my testing pointed at one thing, a bhg very, very early in the process. The head was pulled off the motor in the fall of 10 and once I started my clean-up & sell off I took the head to the machine shop to see what it needed. Since the only issue was that around #6, I decide to have the machine shop fix it and it is now up for sale.

Let me know if you have any more questions and or need more pics.

·
Con CaC May
434 Posts
I'm interested in your intake manifold. Pm me your best price. I mainly only need the lowers but will take both.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts