Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Master Of The Obvious
437 Posts
I have an 87 MK3 Turbo Automatic that just blew the Rod Bearings and Crankshaft, ive been looking for a replacement motor.

Will this JDM 7MGTE have any problems bolting up to the automatic 87 Transmission and the ECU, does it come with its own Ecu and harness, and is there anything wrong with the motor at all??

Please PM ME and let me know.... thank you

·
Captain Hammer
2,020 Posts
This is one of Aaron's Headgasket/waterpump/seals engine right? Where he replaces all that? Look to be by the pictures.

·
Banned
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is one of Aaron's Headgasket/waterpump/seals engine right? Where he replaces all that? Look to be by the pictures.
One of my sales guys posted this up. It's a JDM motor from Rabid Chimp that we're whoring out on Ebay. It is complete with everything in the picture. I'm not sure what the requirements are for bolting to an 87 auto tranny and if there's any ECU mods. If someone else could chime in here that would be great. It's a hell of a deal for a complete long block w/turbo, oil pan, etc.

Chris.

·
Captain Hammer
2,020 Posts
One of my sales guys posted this up. It's a JDM motor from Rabid Chimp that we're whoring out on Ebay. It is complete with everything in the picture. I'm not sure what the requirements are for bolting to an 87 auto tranny and if there's any ECU mods. If someone else could chime in here that would be great. It's a hell of a deal for a complete long block w/turbo, oil pan, etc.

Chris.
Even though it hurts my chance at stealing it... =)

You'll need your 87 style mounts depending on what year this engine came out of, If you are keeping your EGR, remove the lower block off plate, or if you are dumping it install one on the upper intake, the other diffrences are in the Throttle body, throttle linkage, upper intake, and a "slightly better" per rumor turbo, so it's a matter of swapping in your parts and going for it.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
since when can you post ebay auctions? especially in the for sale section?

there needs to be a buy it now price for SF members...

·
Captain Hammer
2,020 Posts
Evil! You are all evil! Let the auto tranny guy get his car running

1 - 9 of 9 Posts