Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Changing up the setup a little. This has about 2.5-3k miles total on it. Never been boosted past my wastegate spring of 17psi. always timed. Has been fully polished and there is no shaft play or smoke what so ever. Perfect condition and waiting for a good home.

Willing to trade for a 76gts + ill pitch in more cash.

DECIDED NOT TO SELL. Im sorry.

Here are pics...

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Someone must wanna make between 700-800+ hp at 4.5k rpms...

No takers?? polishing alone is 150+... :)

·
Registered
806 Posts
What kind of numbers have you put down with it? Is there a warranty, in other words if I get it and it smokes or has a whine about it or shaft play will you refund my money? Does it have the antisurge housing? Is it a 4 bolt flange? I think I can replace my t78 but use all the same turbo kit components with the 71. I hear those turbos are more linear and never lose efficiency. And I think they're rated up to 800whp+. But I've also heard of problems w/ the 71's from precision. What did it cost you new and where did you get it from Sp or Bl?

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
I see no coolent lines and his water neck is plugged.. so yea.. its not DBB

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
DAMNNIT! Definately u wont wanna ship to where i am with the weight on that thing :( :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
1JZ_Cressida said:
DAMNNIT! Definately u wont wanna ship to where i am with the weight on that thing :( :(
might not be that bad, i had a tranny shipped to me from the US when i was living in Guyana and it wasen't too bad.

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
Would u be intrested in a Brand NIB zenith 23" flat-panel tv...I paid 825 for it, and i could throw down some $$$

if you are intrested

david

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JonSardinas said:
What kind of numbers have you put down with it? Is there a warranty, in other words if I get it and it smokes or has a whine about it or shaft play will you refund my money? Does it have the antisurge housing? Is it a 4 bolt flange? I think I can replace my t78 but use all the same turbo kit components with the 71. I hear those turbos are more linear and never lose efficiency. And I think they're rated up to 800whp+. But I've also heard of problems w/ the 71's from precision. What did it cost you new and where did you get it from Sp or Bl?

its standard. no dbb. I just purchased the car from vic on the forums from which he said he purchased it new from BL. It does not have a warrenty that i know of but i will personally gurantee this thing does not smoke or whine ect. if something like that was to occur i would refund the money upon getting the turbo back... this thing is virgine and has really only been used when i went and picked it up in sanfran.

this is rated over 800hp and i need to take the turbo blanket off to see if it has the anisurge. This is the same turbo BL sells on there website.. 71gtq.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
David_rg79 said:
Would u be intrested in a Brand NIB zenith 23" flat-panel tv...I paid 825 for it, and i could throw down some $$$

if you are intrested

david

not really interested in anything except a bigger setup. like a 76gts turbo..

The best i could do on this price would be 960.00 shipped.
If i dont get it then ill just keep it for now and tune with it instead of a 76...
I personally like the spool on this one as well. way more fun on the street and with this on a tuned car im sure the powerband would be perfect for making 700 to 800 hp easy.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im sorry to the people interested... After doing some thinking.. I have decided I prefer this turbo for my setup and therefore am at the moment going to keep it and tune. Im sorry if this has caused any inconvenience..

-Brian

·
Registered
806 Posts
I've still got dibs if he changes his mind :faint: :x:

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
damn it, I just took off my turbo hoping to trade, lol.

and you don't have to take off the turbo blanket to see the anti-surge.
you can see right here that it's anti-surge:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts