731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Name: Michael Kelly

Email: mike.autooptics[at]gmail.com

Phone: (504)909-163six

City: Metairie, LA. 70006 [suburb of New Orleans]

S O L D ! ! !

Parts for sale:

---- Factory twin turbos from a 2JZ-GTE VVTI. Unlike the older JDM engines which used ceramic turbine wheels, the updated VVTI motors use the Stainless Steel turbines like the US-spec motors.

Condition: Great! During my inspection I could not locate any oil that would indicate a damaged turbo. All bolts are in-tact (although some are in the box, you may have to look through if you need the hardware). Shafts feel very tight, no movement.

Price: $100

Local pick-up preferred - - but if you're crazy enough to want to ship these, I can get a quote. Will go as far as 1 hour in either direction from New Orleans.

Cheers!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will u do 100 shipped?
how can i verify that these have the steel blades?
I'm sorry, $100 will certainly be in a large part shipping alone. I'd estimate these to weigh somewhere around 50+lbs. I would certainly have to insist upon your payment of shipping costs.

Any sort of research can be done to ensure that these are steel wheels. I can show you the motor they were removed from on December 20th. Or, if you have a friend or relative in New Orleans - or even a trusted forum member, I would be more than happy to show them.

Feel free to PM me and I can give you my #.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Can you post a video on youtube of you putting a magnet to the turbine blades? That would be a definitive test. JDM had ceramic even if it was VVT-i. The UK and USDM had steel turbine blades. I'm quite sure of it. Post the video and I'm sure you'll make your sale quickly.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
How much ship to 63303?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I'll take apart the VVT-i twins I have in my warehouse tomorrow when I get back and will show everyone.
These are removed from the 98 VVT-i motor from the clip in my sig.
the 2002 motor is in my car and thats where its staying for now...

-Art

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
^^^ Look.... I'd love to believe that the 2JZGTE VVT-i has steel wheels, but just cause someone says so, doesn't mean that's the case. That's how these rumors start and never get proven. I'd love to buy them and I wish the OP the best for his sale, but a simply youtube video of a small magnet which can be found at autozone for $4 showing the turbine blades sticking to the magnet is not that hard. It would prove the rumors to be true once and for all plus the OP would sell them in a jiffy.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
This has been discussed. Hot side is steel, cold side is ceramic on VVTI GTE motors.
Didn't Artbran put a magnet to the hotside of the turbo? It looks like it cause you can see the compressor housing at one point completely on.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
JDM twins have always had a steel compressor wheel which is what you put the magnet on.
The turbine side (where the exhaust hits) is whats ceramic.
Take a look at my video and you will see me tapping a magnet to the turbine side with it not sticking to it. Place the magnet anywhere else on the housing and it sticks.

So indeed, the VVT-i turbo's are ceramic turbines with steel shafts and steel compressors

1 - 17 of 17 Posts