Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-What is your First & Last name?: Bryan Pacana
-What is your email?: [email protected]
-What is your phone number? : 239 289 8099
-What is your City? : naples
-What is your State? : fl
-What is your Zipcode? : 34135
-Classified Ad description.

Up for sale is a HKS t51R KAI turbo, it only has 450 miles on it and is in great shape, no bent fins, no oil leaks and no problems. Comes with the HKS suction intake which is over $150 new from HKS and also a downpipe which I am 90% sure fits a 2jz. Not looking to separate any of the parts. You get everything pictured below and the a/r is 1.0. Retail on the turbo only is $3700 from HKS and most online vendors sell it for around $3200 plus the 6 to 8 week wait for it to come in from Japan. This is ready to ship here in the US for $1999+s/h, local pickup is available in Naples, FL. You can send me a PM here on the forum or an email to [email protected], I have a few references here and over 200 over at rx7club.

·
Bull Market
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lots of interest so far but no one has made payment yet

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
If you decide to sell the purple vel. stack separately, let me know. thanks

·
Glad To Be Back
1,345 Posts
I was too but I did a little research and these turbos are pretty badass. Isn't it bassically a ballbearing 76mm thats underated at 1000hp?
No there is only one that is rated at that and that is the newer model DBB T51RKAI SPL. This turbo is a T51R KAI. rated around 700-750. This is a journal bearing turbo, I have the same one on my supra. Its rare and sounds like no other turbo out there.

·
Bull Market
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No there is only one that is rated at that and that is the newer model DBB T51RKAI SPL. This turbo is a T51R KAI. rated around 700-750. This is a journal bearing turbo, I have the same one on my supra. Its rare and sounds like no other turbo out there.
Exactly. Thanks bud.

Still available!

·
Bull Market
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Please save your other turbo discussions for another thread, thanks

·
Registered
442 Posts
Interested....but for only having 450 miles on it why is there so much corrosion on it? You live by the beach?

·
Bull Market
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Interested....but for only having 450 miles on it why is there so much corrosion on it? You live by the beach?
This is straight from Japan, I was told it had been sitting in storage for a year or two, no shaft play and no oil leaks. If the turbo isnt up to par, you can return it for a full 100% refund.

Does this turbo require a HKS specific manifold to be used?
No, you do not have to use a HKS manifold.

·
Bull Market
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was looking around for Garrett versions of this turbo and noted the comments made in this thread at post #7 which prompted this question. Don’t get me wrong I really like this turbo, (as you know) just cautious. GLWS
That is odd, I know a few fd guys running the turbo on non Hks mani's, maybe it is different for rotaries.

·
Turbo Pilot Since 1983
1,116 Posts
Simple enough, flip that joker over and provide measurements to the exhaust inlet side of the housing and see if it fall within the size required for a standard T4 flanged makeup. Based on the photos you’re providing I don’t think so, look a little rounded to me!

That is odd, I know a few fd guys running the turbo on non Hks mani's, maybe it is different for rotaries.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.