1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Name: Aristo Asimakopoulos
Email: [email protected]

*************** UPDATE 10/16/2018*********************

All versions of this kit are still available. You don't have to have been on the list to still purchase a kit.

* Regular delete kits with a raw aluminum block-off plate are available now- 9/10/18 for $95 shipped.

* Regular delete kits with a black anodized aluminum block-off plate are available- 9/12/18 for $95 shipped.

* Delete kits that accept a GM intake-air-temperature sensor in either plate finish are available 9/14/18 for $125 shipped.

* For customers who bought regular kits in the past, just the inserts threaded for the IAT sensor are available individually 9/14/18 for $65 shipped.

**Please pay via Paypal to [email protected]** Also, please wait until the above dates for the specific kit you want before paying.

**Item Description**

After selling out in early 2017, another run of these kits are now availale. Some of these kits hfave been made with a threaded insert (see thread and picture below) to allow for the insertion of a GM intake air temperature probe. As before, buyers can choose between either a raw aluminum or black anodized block-off plate.

For those asking why the threaded kits cost so much more, please understand that the machining does not just involve drilling and tapping a regular plug. The GM IAT sensor has to sit just deep enough into the airflow, and this positioning can't be achieved with an NPT tap. The threads need to be CNC cut, and a proper recess has to be created to allow for tightening of the sensor.

Approved by Fastturbo

EDIT: Now offering delete kits with optional threads for GM intake air intake temperature sensors. See post #22.

With the approval of moderators, I am selling TRAC-delete kits which are similar (but IMO better) to the long-discontinued pair of HKS plugs. This kit provides a clean, bolt-on way to permanently remove the extra throttle plate found in stock throttle bodies, along with the accompanying position sensor and actuator motor. No welding is required for installation.

Advantages are a less cluttered engine bay, and less intake restriction in the throttle body with the extra butterfly valve removed. HKS used to claim an engine horsepower increase, but I have no idea if and to what extent that is true. The kits consist of

• A Pair of precision CNCed 6061 Aluminum Plugs.
  • 2 Viton O-rings.
  • A Black Anodized or Raw 6061 Cover Plate for removal of the traction motor.
  • Silicone Grease for ease of installation.
I am selling these for $95 iincluding shipping USPS Priority Mail. Pictures of the components, along with pictures of them installed, can be seen below. Please PM me or email me at [email protected] for inquires.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'll take 1 Raw. What's your paypal?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'll take 1 Raw. What's your paypal?
My Paypal is [email protected]

EDIT: Now offering delete kits with an option for a GM intake air temperature sensor insertion. See post #22.

On a different note, I have been getting inquiries from people about the installation process of the kits components. I have been waiting for another test car to do a step-by-step tutorial on, but it has not become available yet. This kit is working on my own car, and in the process of CNCing the plugs I bought two additional throttle bodies to check the tolerances Toyota used during manufacturing of the throttle bodies. I have ONE more untouched USDM throttle body I can use for step-by-step pictures if the test car does not come in this next weekend.

In the meantime, the process of installing this kit is quite easy, and involves the following steps (I will re-write this more precisely).

1. Remove the throttle body.
2. Unscrew the 4 Phillips-head screws holding on the traction motor. KEEP THESE 4 SCREWS FOR STEP 11
3. Unscrew the 2 Phillips-head screws holding the TRAC TPS (on the other side).
4. Unscrew the 2 Phillips-head screws for the disc-shaped cover, which the TRAC TPS used to screw into, covering the spring mechanism. YOU WILL KEEP THIS COVER AND 2 SCREWS FOR STEP 10.
5. Unbolt the one 10mm nut holding the handle-bracket onto the now-exposed spring mechanism.
6. Using a small flat head screwdriver, lift the end of the spring off the tab keeping it under tension. After the tension is released you can just pull it out.

At this point you are just left with the butterfly valve with no tension on it (you can turn it to any angle you want easily by hand).

7. The butterfly valve consists of a flat circular plate which is screwed onto the rod passing through the throttle body using two Phillips screws. The rod rides on two bearings housed in the body of the TB. These screws are peened at the factory so that they can't come loose and get sucked into the engine. Consequently, they must be drilled out (a 1/8" bit works well). After those two screws are drilled out, the throttle plate will slide out of the slit in the rod and can be removed from the mouth of the throttle body. All that will now be left is the single rod in the throttle body.

8. Remove the rod by tapping it lightly with a hammer from either side you choose. It will slide right out and carry with it one of the two bearings that it rides on. You will have to pick out the bearing from the opposing side, which is very lightly press-fit into the throttle body.

9. You will now have two open cavities which used to house all the aforementioned removed parts. These are plugged using the two o-ring containing aluminum plugs that come with the TRAC-delete kit.

10. Using the enclosed silicone grease, grease plug 1 (the larger-diameter plug) and insert it into the cavity on the side of the throttle body facing the right side of the car. Using the two Phillips screws, screw the disc-shaped cover removed in Step 4, back to its original location, which will hold Plug 1 in place.

11. Using the enclosed silicone grease, grease plug 2 (the smaller-diameter plug) and insert it into the cavity on the side of the throttle body facing the left side of the car. Using the 4 Phillips screws from Step 4, screw the plate enclosed with the kit over the plug, in the exact location the TRAC motor used to be mounted.

12. Re-install the throttle body.

The entire process should take about 90 minutes working rather slowly.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Payment sent. Using this to update my 10+ year old HKS delete. Will
let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Payment sent. Using this to update my 10+ year old HKS delete. Will
let you know how it works out.
Great, payment received. I would very much like your feedback on these when you get around to installing them. I'd also like to emphasize that the raw plates are just that, raw. They would be perfect candidates for polishing.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I will take one...do you have them ready to ship or do you make them to order?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Got mine in today..fits great and looks good..here are a few pics of how it goes on wich isnt hard

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am glad that you like it, and very much appreciate your feedback. Thanks for the pictures too.:bigthumb:
No prob..no one should hesitate to buy this kit..it fits and looks great

·
Kappa Check 1 2
723 Posts
I'll take a set, message sent!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Sending funds now, thanks!!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
A version of this kit is designed to accommodate a GM intake air temperature sensor, eliminating the need for tapping or welding bungs into intercooler piping.

1 - 20 of 202 Posts