Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
11,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was installing my front sway bar today. It required me to remove my ic pipings. Anyways when I was done, I was installing the pipings back. My wrench accidently tapped on the distributor and it broke the cover holder thing for the distributor wires.

The center one came off. The plastic guard (which I broke) had a "C" on it. Anyways, the wire came loose and I just plugged it back in. I was wondering if there's a certain way to plug it back in (ie. 12 o'clock, 2 o'clock, etc).

·
miata owner...
1,367 Posts
that the ignition coil wire. Just plug it back on and it doenst matter which position. The bracket you broke is just for holding the coil wire so it wont come off.

·
11,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
neostreamsupra said:
that the ignition coil wire. Just plug it back on and it doenst matter which position. The bracket you broke is just for holding the coil wire so it wont come off.
OK, thanks. Cause I heard you can retard and play with the timing through the distributor. I just never knew out. I don't wanna fuck up the timing and drive around and then hear KABOOM.

Thanks, let me go wrap everything back on.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
to change the timing you would have to remove the whole distributor, adjust the orientation, then reinstall.
the base has some sort of gear mechanism that affects timing

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
Since you got your problem fixed,

How many wheels have you gone through in the last month?

Every pic I see of your car has different wheels on it. At least 3 so far.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
How old are those plug wires?? Might be best to just get a new set. They look a bit beat up, and whats that black marks around the plug boots on the cap side?

·
11,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Urban Customs said:
damnet mike, always messing shit up. lol

hey ive never seen anyone with crooken clamps and couplers like you. lol. straighten that stuff out. make it look sanitary.:D
Haha, man the angle of the turbo outlet me extreme as hell. He angled it so he wouldn't hit the distributor, but angled it too much that it hits the passenger's shock mount. I have to manipulate the couplers so it's a lil straigher.

·
11,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, so you fellas are SURE that if I position it a diff way, nothing's wrong right? Cause I ordered a cap from Elmhurst, but they didn't send me the right one. Instead of having the wire pointing to 6 oclock, it's pointing to 3 oclock (because they sent me a cap for one of the cylinder cap instead).

It seems to run fine. Cranking the engine over takes 2 or 3 cranks, but everything seems cool. I just wanna make sure no shit happens (like Ryan, haha).

·
Registered
466 Posts
you'll be fine just give it some time. i accidentally pulled mine off and broke the clip while putting in my turbo kit, but got one from a cl member. put it back in when everything was in and sparked on first crank and have no problem ever since (but then again it's been down for a while because i'm putting in aem).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts