Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
SP74HO
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever have a problem with UPS shipping an item and the parts come up missing?
I shipped some cam gears to a guy in Canada, while in transit, the parts supposedly came out of the box. The box was discarded.
According to UPS the box I used was insufeciant and they will not pay the insurance claim. I am wondering why the store did not tell the the box I used was not proper for shipping? All I can say right now is Fuck UPS!!!!!

8,181 Posts
The only thing I like about UPS is my delivery driver...........She is smoking hawt. haha, no nudes. She is a Philippino and looks exactly like Ava devive. She told me her boob job was $7G's paid by her former lawyer BF.

·
Registered
162 Posts
so wait.... you used a paper thin box? or a box torn to crap? or some type of home made box and expect UPS to be responsible for your not having proper shipping materials?

police yourself, don't wait for others to do it for you.

·
!black
4,625 Posts
Anyone ever have a problem with UPS shipping an item and the parts come up missing?
I shipped some cam gears to a guy in Canada, while in transit, the parts supposedly came out of the box. The box was discarded.
According to UPS the box I used was insufeciant and they will not pay the insurance claim. I am wondering why the store did not tell the the box I used was not proper for shipping? All I can say right now is Fuck UPS!!!!!
Store is required, just like the terminal, to inspect the package and ensure it meets minimum guidelines. If they issued a tracking number, then it met the criteria and UPS/the terminal|store are liable. The issue, from your perspective, is the mishandling of the parcel causing it to rupture and cause a delay in shipping. Did the parts get retained and returned to you, or were they "mysteriously" gone also?

Just tell UPS that you'll be filing suit with them and the store to get the matter resolved.

·
Wingless FTW
594 Posts
so wait.... you used a paper thin box? or a box torn to crap? or some type of home made box and expect UPS to be responsible for your not having proper shipping materials?

police yourself, don't wait for others to do it for you.

I was thinking the same thing when I read the OP's post. Why not just put that shit in a normal box & tape it up? It sounds like this was your issue, not UPS's.

·
SP74HO
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The box was not paper thin, nor was it all torn up. The box had flaps on both ends that had taps to secure the flaps from opening.
I asked the guy to tape them up so the parts would not fall out. (I am sure some asshole is gonna say I am too cheap to buy tape!). He said he would. My only blame here, is that I did not watch him tape it up.

And no the parts can not be found. I still say fuck UPS! To me they just use any excuse not to pay the insurance claim.
Oh well I will have to chalk this up to an expensive lesson learned.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Try this out..My friend that ownes a shop ordered a turbonetics turbo kit for a guys 06 mustang gt..Box came and had another set of larger staples init (originals gone) The ups guy opened up the box and stoll the 60-1 turbo and the oil..That was a fun one

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,510 Posts
PM me, I think I can help after having a UPS fiasco a few years back.

·
the ferret wisperer
150 Posts
Sorry to hear this. I agree about UPS and after multiple screw ups on their part (fortunately nothing was ever completely lost for good) I now refuse to use them. I ship exlusively using the USPS now and have not only saved money and had no problems, I actually think they are faster most of the time anyway, not to mention convenient as hell.

Im paranoid about the way I pack stuff and usually go overboard on it, but I think in the end Ive saved money and time.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts