Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k..i just did an engine swap..my engine into a diff body.

car is turning over but it aint starting. There is fuel pressurized in the fuel manifold.

then i checked spark...took spark plug out, started it, no spark.

its all grounded, replaced ignitor, plugs fine, fuses fine, wires fine, coil pack fine..my ohmmeter says so.

i did a search but nothing really useful..this bitch is the only thing holding me back from running the curvy highways again, so any help will be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
10,753 Posts
Check the Cam Position sensor wires and harness, there's four wires. They like to crap out sometimes. Mine used to just need a jiggle every now and then, but sometimes you gotta re-splice them with new connectors. Be careful though because they are colored differently on the CPS than the engine harness, if you have to eliminate the old green connector that likes to rot, remove and splice/mark one pair at a time.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good info, ill try to do that tomorrow when i have light...anyone else got anything for me?

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
shit nothing seems to work...im starting to think that i need to replace my ECU....

whos has had similar problems and what have been your resolutions?

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Had the same prob when my CPS crapped out. I even took propane and forced it through the intake, it would ignite, but not turn over.... unscrew the cap on the CPS, and check it out, mine was all unwound and everything... got a newer one from Dr. Jonez and it worked like a charm

hth,

cassio

1 - 5 of 5 Posts