Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of mounting a fuel cell in the rear seat area... I know the cell must be separated from the cabin by a steel fire wall; now would the steel containers such as http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/fsafe2a.htm satisfy this requirement or would I have to encase the cell with an additional barrier. While on the subject, it is my understanding that this is the 'ideal' location for a cell as the weight of a full tank vs. an empty will have the least effect on the balance of the car. Am I wrong in my thought? Any suggestions on a better placement? I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Simple answer is NO. It really depends on the santioning body if you are racing as opposed to a track day car. Generally the stock location is used, and then a cover of sorts is fabricated generally out of AL. sheet assuming the cell sticks up into the cabin. Check out some pics of the faster drag cars in readers rides, there will be some good pics there. You need to tak to a scrutineer from whatever santioning body you are racing with. Carl

1 - 2 of 2 Posts