Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any suggestions for baseline SFC settings? I have a pyrometer to use as somewhat of a guide and will eventually get to a dyno. I just wanted to take a small amount of fuel out but still be safe. I'm at BPU with fmic, exh. cam gear, ud pulleys, but no VPC. Would it be safe to take out 4% fuel from 3k -7k even in 30-40 deg. weather. It seems like my car leans out and runs pretty hard in the cold air w/o the fuel controller. Anyone have any conservative recomendations?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any suggestions, c'mon I won't sue anybody.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ttt

·
3,148 Posts
I would recommend setting it at 0 across the board until you get to the dyno. :) You setting will vary depending on if the car is OBDI or OBDII. On my OBDI cars I have seen A/F ratios as high as 12.5:1 with only a 4% reduction on the S-AFC.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steve Jarvis said:
I would recommend setting it at 0 across the board until you get to the dyno. :) You setting will vary depending on if the car is OBDI or OBDII. On my OBDI cars I have seen A/F ratios as high as 12.5:1 with only a 4% reduction on the S-AFC.

Later, Steve
It's OBD1 so thanks Steve. I think it runs so much harder in cold dense air too that I couldn't get much out of it right now anyway. I think it has a natural tendency to lean out when it gets cold outside. When running with 94 octane at 0 across the board with no problems would it make sense to take out 4% across the board with 104 octane or any amount of fuel out?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^

·
3,148 Posts
Rviscosi,

The car runs better in the cold because of the cool dense air and because your boost tends to go up slightly when it's cold. If you still have a stock intercooler (which I doubt since you have BPU+ in your sig), then you will gain power on cold days because the intercooler won't heat soak as bad. It has nothing to do with your a/f ratio. Your MAF and ECU should be giving you the same a/f ratio regarless of outside temps. I wouldn't mess with the S-AFC until you get to a dyno and wideband O2. I only used -2% at the top RPM's to maintain a 12.0:1 a/f ratio.

Hope this helps, Steve

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again Steve.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts