1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
turbo....................
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it normal to hit it fuel cut w/ upgraded ct and lex/afm @ 12psi

i thought i had a boost leak but the vaccum is fine, reading @ -20
i couldnt find any rips in my intercooler piping

my accordian has a small crack in it, but has duck tape over it.

thanks for any help

-tony

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
having -20 vac doesn't mean that you dont have a boost leak... I'm sure you have one.. check all you're pipes.. especially the 3000 pipe connection that is one of the worse pipes to blow.

W

·
0 Posts
He might not.

You have to remember that weather conditions can heavily alter the way the AFM reads airflow, if it was really cold out and the air is dense it could really affect how much boost the car could handle

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
If the car runs normally off-boost, both Eric & I can essentially guarantee that it's a boost leak.

Whoever said it's due to weather is smoking waaaay better shi+ than me. I don't care if it's -20° in Death Valley [below sea level], you won't see FCO on a Lexus'd MkIII at 12psi, period.

G

·
0 Posts
Whoever said it's due to weather is smoking waaaay better shi+ than me. I don't care if it's -20° in Death Valley [below sea level],
I wish i could have that air all year 'round going to my engine.

:aroused:

·
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
larry i think i do have a boost leak, cuz i set my bc to 15psi and then it drops to 11psi. Do boost leaks cause fuel cut?

maybe we can meet up sometime, i been to Irvine once to visit my friends.

i'll check over my vaccum hoses again and i am planning on getting hard ic pipes, and new ic.

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
Whoever said it's due to weather is smoking waaaay better shi+ than me. I don't care if it's -20° in Death Valley [below sea level], you won't see FCO on a Lexus'd MkIII at 12psi, period.
Ahh, but you forget FCO is not based on pressure, it's based on flow. Theoretically if he was running some stupid huge turbo he could get FCO that low, but we can pretty much safely assume he is not :)

So, you've got a boost leak bud. High vacuum readings only mean you have no leak between the head and the throttle plate. There's about 10 feet of piping in between the turbo and throttle plate that can be a boost leak but not a vacuum leak in the sense that it would affect your gauge reading.

·
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thxs Bishop, i'll look into that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts