Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm putting a JDM Aristo Engine into an e36 and I'm trying to work out how to set up the boost system, etc. I know the ecu cuts fuel at 14.6psi and I'm shooting for 16 psi.

As far as I can tell most fuel cut defender products for this motor are USDM only- furthermore, if my exhaust has a free-flowing cat and a muffler, will I require a restriction ring? This is the exhaust I am using:

http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CXR&Product_Code=ESK-DP-CB-2JZ-STOCK-E36&Category_Code=E362JZGTE

Apologies for any naivete in this post, I'm new to the forum and while I did go through the stickies, I didn't see anything that directly addressed my concerns. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Yes you will need a restrictor ring like I had below. If the hole is 2 inches, you will boost around 0.9 bar. I had it installed between the midpipe and cat back.

You can always try it with just the BCC and see how much boost it hits but odds are that wastegate will not keep up

Then get a BCC from MVP to prevent boost cut.

·
Registered
187 Posts
MVP BCC worked just fine on my aristo 2j 240sx. Shouldn't be a problem for you

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
A friend of mine has a FCD on his Aristo engine, works just the same as on a supra. He has the remake of the Greddy unit. Can't remember the name at the moment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, cool. Any recommendations on Manual Boost Controllers? Is one necessary with the restriction ring? I'm a transplant form the Subaru WRX community and every single change on those cars required a tune, so I'm not really familiar with the boost dynamics on JZ engines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts