Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a BCC and I'm hitting about 17-18 psi, but it seems to sputter, like its backing off. Is this fuel cut? I read that if it is fuel cut then the /!\ warning light will come on. Is this true? I also know that it is most likely the plugs, but before I change them I want to rule out fuel cut.

If I disconnect the power to the BCC, will the TPS signal still go through the BCC? I wanna intentionally cause boost cut to definitely rule it out, but I don't want to screw up anything by disconnecting the BCC power.

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
It doesn't sound like fuel cut. I have experienced fuel cut about a dozen times on my supra (I have just a downpipe and exhaust upgrade, but no boost mods) and it is very abrupt; like hitting a brick wall. The engine will literally cut off for a second or two and the engine check light comes on for that period. Are you getting a check light?

C

·
0 Posts
Sounds like your plugs may be fouled or they are gapped too high.

Try gapping them lower and/or changing your plugs.

If that's not it, you might have to replace some coilpacks.

Jon
'94 SP60 .70 A/R

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!!!

I never experienced boost cut so I didn't know what happens. I don't get the warning light so it must be the plugs. I'm just gonna change them out this weekend. Since my savings is completely depleted, I think I'm gonna try the autolite (AC Delco) resistor plugs that I've read about and see how they workout.

New question...

If my BCC is installed wrong, lets say one of the connections are off, how would I know? I checked and rechecked my connections, but stripping and crimping the wire connectors on the stubby little wires from the TPS and the one going to the ECU were a bitch. If the connections were bad, I wouldn't hit boost cut anyways. Is there a way I can be sure they are connected?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts