Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Supratruck Pilot
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I curently don't have a fuel filter (not smart I know) on my truck and want to add one. If I remember correctly, the Supra filter is back at the tank. I saw this engine on ebay

which appears to be a Cressida engine and was wondering if a filter like this would fit the 7MGTE? The 7MGTE engine, as you know, has some sort of union where the fuel filter is on the engine in the pic. If I buy the Cressida filter, it should fit my engine like the one in the pic, right? My only concern would be if the Cressida filter would flow enough. What do ya'll think?

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
The JDM 7m's have the fuel filter in that location also. I can't see any reason why you couldn't move yours there. That engine is identical to the US spec one, just a few bolt ons are different (like oil pan, fuel filter, EGR).

·
2JZ Mk2
1,183 Posts
Get a 5MGE fuel filter, it bolts to the block just like that. All the MkII guys use the 5M filter when installing the 7M. Myself I'd install it on the firewall or something. Its not the easiest thing to change in a Supra when installed there. HTH

·
Supratruck Pilot
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SilverMk2 said:
Get a 5MGE fuel filter, it bolts to the block just like that. All the MkII guys use the 5M filter when installing the 7M. Myself I'd install it on the firewall or something. Its not the easiest thing to change in a Supra when installed there. HTH

I think I will go with the side of the engine. As you can see, I don't have a problem with accessing it :)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
If only my 4x4 Toyota truck was a '92 rather than a '94, I would be able to pull-off a 7M-GTE swap and have it emissions legal here in CA. CARB is putting a huge damper on my fun! Especially considering the fact that a 7M is no less friendly to the environment that the 3VZ-E that's in there now. :rolleyes:

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
I got a JDM engine, I never recoginzed that. If I see it there tomarrow I'm gonna toss out one of the filters if I got 2.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
You seem to have a high po motor. Why not run a filter from summit or some other hi flow setup? It isn't too hard to make custom fuel line.

·
Supratruck Pilot
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info guys. I got the one for an 84 Supra. Fits perfectly. I can sleep better at nights knowing I now have a fuel filter. BTW, this thing is a monster with the new engine and upgraded turbo. Can't wait for springtime to get back to the strip. Should easily run in the low to mid elevens. Later

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
FYI that can't be a Cressida engine. If the Soarers ever had the N/A 7M-GE as an option, that's what it came from. Look at the sump configuration on it, it's not front-sump. It wouldn't fit in a Cressida.

·
Supratruck Pilot
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts