Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How good is the stock fuel system (injectors, pump, lines)? I read that the stock injectors are 330cc or something and they're good for ~400hp. At what points should you upgrade the injectors, pump, and fuel lines on an NA?

What injectors and fuel rails will work with the 2jz-ge? I know the injectors are high impedance, but you can wire in resistors to use low impedance injectors. And where can you get the resistors? MKIII?

For the fuel pump, the stock TT pump and upgrades for the TT will work, right?

Trying to get all the info in one place.

·
Not so slow anymore
138 Posts
fuel rail and fuel pump

From what I have learned as I have been endevoring to do a turbo conversion is that the na rail is adiquate for much more fuel than stock. I dont have an exact number but that is what I have been told. as far as the Injectors, there isnt really a big need to change from High impedence to low. and the size injectors are really up to what kinda power you want to get.
The tt fuel pump ect. will work for the n/a.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
I made 350rwhp through the stock rail before I changed it out. I don't think it was a restriction at that point, but I changed it before going further. If you fed both ends of the rail, and made a center return, it would prob be fine for most hp levels.

The stock injectors will support around 300rwhp. The n/a injector body is the standard top feed (all upgraded injectors for the TT will fit). You can find high imp. injectors up to around 550cc, after that I got low imp. injectors and used the mkiii solenoid resistor like you said.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much HP are 720 or 780cc injectors supposed to be good for? I'm guessing a fuel rail for a TT wouldn't fit because of the injector layout. How much does a PHR rail go for?

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
well since this is the latest na-t thread, i got some questions..

i guess fmax kit will give 300-350whp but what will the fmax kit max out at? could you turn up the boost to get more power or is it already maxed out? will the turbo give more poewr than the injectors can handle or what? what's the deal with this kit here... the thing is, i want about that much hp but don't want to be limited to that.... does it come with the cool looking fmic? let's say i have the fmax kit with around the same power as a stock tt... will i be running the same 1/4 times as it if i drove them both or will i still be slower?

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
suprana96: I switched to low imp injectors, because nobody could get me 720cc injectors that were high impedance. Even RC said they couldn't make them for me (by modifying smaller ones) because they couldn't get the cores. If you know of some, I'm interested.

Slasher48: a good rule of thumb for injectors is that the cc rating is pretty equal to the max rwhp you can get. So 720cc injectors will support around 720rwhp (830 crank hp). I bought the PHR rail as part of a kit, so I don't know the individual price.

*wishlist*: the Fmax fuel system is prob only safe to around 350hp. The turbo they supply is good for more. Their fmic is pretty decent. With the same hp as a tt, you should be just as fast.... maybe slightly faster since the n/a is a little lighter. :D

·
Not so slow anymore
138 Posts
Injectors

I actally am a dealer for RC and am about to find out if they have added them, They are listing them on thier list of injectors. I ll let you know what they say

·
Not so slow anymore
138 Posts
Injectors

Dave H, I checked tonight and they still arent doing that size. They had suggested that I get the TT resistors and go low Impedence. Are the Resistors a pretty straight forward install?

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Yeah, the resistor is easy to install. You take all 6 power feed lines (that run to the injectors) into the resistor then back out to the injectors.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much HP would a Walbro 255ltr/hr fuel pump support? Could this be used in a dual pump setup w/ the stock pump (and tee into a single line)?

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
I made 602rwhp on a single walbro 255l hp pump. But i wouldn't typically push it that far. prob safer to add a second pump at the 500-550rwhp level.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Could it be used in parallel w/ the stock pump? Has anyone tried a dual pump setup w/ different size pumps?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts