Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had their fuel gauge just give out on them ? Mine seems to have locked up in one spot since I left the house this morning and as much as I would really like to believe the old girl decided to do alot better on mpg....I dont think thats the case.

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
You know, I was thinking the same thing. I use Shell most of the time, and recently I had to put Valero in it, from that tank it seemed like my gas mileage increased roughly 40-45% because I usually get 250 mile tanks (from a full tank to the point where the light comes on) the way I drive but this time I filled it back up when I had about 2 notches under half a tank of gas after driving 300 miles...I just figured my needle was sticking, but now I'm not so sure?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oddly enough thats exactly where this one is stuck at...2 notches under half a tank.

·
95 6spd sp63'd from hell!
438 Posts
Man my fuel sending unit broke and it's stuck at the E =( New one on hand and Next time my low fuel light comes on I'm going to put it in.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Mine has been playing tricks too. the plastic peice that houses the wires and is connected to the fuel pump keeps falling off & the needle goes right to E. I was wondering if I could put a zip tie or something on there to hold it on, but my concern was that it is in the fuel & I don't want to contaminate it...what do you guys think?

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
Does anyone have the Supra shop manuals? It will say in there what is exactly involved with the fuel level monitoring system, For all I know it could just be something on the fuel pump bracket, which would be pretty easy to access. Also, if you are worried about contaminating things, just do it when you have lower fuel, wear rubber gloves, don't leave things exposed for extended periods of time, and fill it back up before you start the car...if it's something easy to access like on the fuel pump bracket, then it shouldn't be too much of a concern of keeping things from getting contaminated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts