Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took my 94TT out of storage. seems there is some fuel leaking at the tank. coming out from the holes at the bottom of the metal cover at the bottom of the tank.

No evidence of dents, never been modded.

Any ideas of where it could be coming from?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Pull your trunk carpet and take out the spare tire. Remove the fuel pump access cover and check your vent's and lines going into the tank.

Goodluck!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, got the plate off and looks as if someone has been in there before (scratch marks on the metal hoses where someone removed the rubber hoses before).
Also there is a large metal band clamp around the tank cover (the large black screw-on one). Is that a stock thing? or did someone put it on there to secure it better? Perhaps it has a crack in it...

Anyway, I don't see any obvious fuel coming from there at this point.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Clamp is oem and should be there. Have someone turn key to run and see if you can first hear the pump run. second see if a line is leaking. Was your tank full when you noticed the fuel leaking?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok.
i think i see the problem....
there is a rubber cap of some kind on the side of the tank (suppose the drain). there is a screw in the center with a grommet clamping a piece of plastic to the cap. there is a small amount of fuel coming through past the screw assembly.

Is this something that should just be replaced?

thanks
Torin

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK.
I took some pics of my fuel tank and that Plug that was in the drain on the tank. Sure seems to me that someone cobbed a job here. I cant believe this is stock... Can someone tell me?

heres the drain on the driver side of the tank adjacent to the muffler (after removing the metal guard)

Here is that plug. A half assed welded t-bar and a rub plug that tightens down pretty well. I am hoping this is all that was leaking.

What does a stock tank normally look like?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
That looks like it could be some kind of homemade plug. I was always under the impression we didn't have drains.

Worst case looks like you could cut a new piece of rubber and get it to seal again.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
actually, looks like there was always a drain there but may have had a stripped out cap that they needed to plug so they did it this way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts