Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Kwan Jul Sul Freak
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for those who have tuned either stand alones or piggybacks that actually have a fuel (injection or airflow) map. Not just adjustment knobs at certain RPM's. So basically, AEM, Emanage, Motec, PowerFC, etc...

When you tune a Supra with all the standard APU mods (single, fuel, exhaust, etc.) do you really only pay attention to tuning the mixture curve when at WOT, but at different boost levels? Say, create a low boost (pump gas) map, and a high boost/dyno (race gas) map?

Reason I ask is, i have read several times where it has been said that you really only need to worry about your air/fuel ratios while under full load and at wide open throttle. Should I care about and try to tune the map(s) for say a safe A/F ratio for those times I am at 75% throttle, merging on the freeway?

Any opinions or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

· Registered
7,850 Posts
Goldfinger911 said:
I have a question for those who have tuned either stand alones or piggybacks that actually have a fuel (injection or airflow) map. Not just adjustment knobs at certain RPM's. So basically, AEM, Emanage, Motec, PowerFC, etc...

When you tune a Supra with all the standard APU mods (single, fuel, exhaust, etc.) do you really only pay attention to tuning the mixture curve when at WOT, but at different boost levels? Say, create a low boost (pump gas) map, and a high boost/dyno (race gas) map?

Reason I ask is, i have read several times where it has been said that you really only need to worry about your air/fuel ratios while under full load and at wide open throttle. Should I care about and try to tune the map(s) for say a safe A/F ratio for those times I am at 75% throttle, merging on the freeway?

Any opinions or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
unless you are planning on doing WOT ALL the time, you must tune for part throttle, cruise, decel etc. on a standalone.

the reason you TUNE to WOT especially on Piggy backs is because the TCCS will richen the mixture up considerably. To regain some of the lost hp you "tune" the WOT map. At part throttle on a piggy back, the tccs manages all that so you don't tune down low.

With a stand alone, you have to tune for EVERY concievable mode of operation. High alt, very cold days, very hot day, cruising, lean cruising, WOT, part throttle etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.