Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the other thread from searching..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I aimed for 36.5psi which is right in the middle of that range. Now put the vacuum line back on the AFPR and the fuel pressure should drop down to between 23-30psi.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can I tell if the pressure is correct if the vac is on. or off..

i unplugged it and plugged it needle doesnt seem to change. when I adjust it at idle. the needle fulcates (shaky) from 32-38 psi. not really sure how I should set it.. was it supposed to be steady?

can u explain more so I can adjust it with clear picture in mind to know what I am doing and expecting to see.

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you are not helpful. I DID SEARCH and theres BUNCH OF threads talking about installing. asking about adjusting.. it didnt give what I wanted to find. there was little info about it but I want more specific.

·
I've been here forever.
2,555 Posts
Double check the vaccum source, at idle it shouldn't fluctuate. To start off I have mine set at 40 psi with the vaccum line off because of the higher boost I run and I have different tuning capabilities. You want to set it with the vaccum line off and then it should drop around 5 psi to around 35psi with the vaccum line on. Then for every pound of boost it should raise the fuel pressure 1psi.

·
Beat the hell outta tu!!
1,061 Posts
DUST - Try taking your vacuum source from another port on the intake manifold. The ones right on top and just behind the TB always seem to work best. Route a vacuum line from there. If you idle is steady and doesn't fluctuate then your fuel pressure shouldnt either.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,080 Posts
Why are you guys setting it with the vacuum line off? I don't understand this logic. I just set it with it on, it holds a steady pressure and then fluxuates +- with boost or vacuum.

·
Beat the hell outta tu!!
1,061 Posts
That's a damn good question Lance... what is the point of us doing that? I did mine that way because it's what the Aeromotive instruction book said to do, and also what the TSRM instructs.

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool!!

I found out why it flucates was because there was TOO MUCH pressure I just screwed it all the way down and then worked my way up. until needle became steady,, it finally did after 20 turns it stopped at 40 then i kept turning and it begain to climb down .. ahh i got it finally!! so I set the pressure at 30-32 then plugged vac back in. it dropped 5 psi. drove it and it didnt feel right so I increased it to 32-35 .. still OK OK to me. Im running 60-1 and boosting at least 15 psi. how much pressure is ideal for my setup??

should I set it at 38 ?

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok Im gonna do that.. I noticed TRENT's setup is identical to mine so Im gonna try that too. (32 psi with vac on) meaning 38 with vac off. but Im gonna try 40 and see how it reacts but I need to get a new O2 sensor. I got a code 21 recently oh well!!

someone mentioned about getting a fake O2 sensor that makes the ECU think its right but I dont really trust that .. what do u think?

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HMPH!! reading it doesnt judge the person's skills. If you were here in person U will know I am a preventive maintenance and I just ask alot of questions before I try anything ..

I have alot of people around me with experience and they help me alot eventually im just here because yall know supra's history and some of you already been through it. my car is running AWESOME! just needs slight tuning to make it perfect. Ive done everything on it without any problems. except for some tuning questions so far Ive done a damn good job, just wait Till I come up to a meet and show off my car to yall and see what they say about it!

or at least I need to find me a video camera and record the sounds of my engine breathing and you will love how it sounds!
trust me. just please do not think that I do not know what I am doing.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Just do like Doc said and start rich and tune down for safety reasons. It's always better to be alittle rich and protect your investment. You will probably end up around 35 on your base but who knows without a wideband to be sure.

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I set it at 38 and It ran perfectly good. I set the boost level at 13 and it was awseome I could hear how the engine breathes and idles much smoother than it did before with the stock setup.

I tuned it at 32 psi with vac on. (38 with vac off)

my egt climbed SLOWER than it did before so thats good news!

Im happy with it now! :)

thanks for your inputs even those who thinks I cant do shit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts