Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using SX regulator, and the adjusting rod is screwed in flush with the locking nut, in order to give me 3 Bar (40+ PSI) at idle.

Using dual stock pumps feeding each end of the rail.

This seems suspicious, since it doesnt allow me for any further adjustment.....wondering itf it'll go up under boost? Still breaking it in, so can't really test.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You want to adjust it with the vacumn hose OFF. That's most likely your problem. Start the car, pull the hose off the FPR, and adjust the FP to 45psi. Reattach the hose.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the way I've been trying to adjust it. Vacuum source OFF when dialing it in. Previous Paxton unit i've used on another car had plenty of adjustment rod to play with.....I just want to make sure I am not masking off another fuel related problem by overtightening the FPR spring.

I've tested both pumps by pulling their fuses (I have separate inline fuse for each pump), and they both work properly. There would be an identical drop in pressure when I have only one pump running.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got a air compressor? Try given the vacumn port pressure (10psi to test). The fuel pressure should rise. You could have a leak in the tank and not be able to get any higher than 40psi.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a compressor, will try that.

I also have a small leak on top of the tank, in one of the pressurized feed lines. Actually, I cross-threaded the Earls 90deg swivel fitting. That might be it. I gotta redo that connector.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MONSTER said:
Actually, I cross-threaded the Earls 90deg swivel fitting.
Was that in the tank? If so, that's it. Any leak outside of the tank will leak fuel externally, and you won't be able to miss the smell. Inside the tank, it will go unnoticed except for loss of pressure and flow.

With fuel, it tends to be totally sealed, or spraying fuel everywhere (never seen a slow leak like with oil). When I installed my BD bypass and didn't tighten the rear fitting on the fuel filter enough, I could HEAR the spray as soon as the fuel pump primed. A few more turns, tight as a drum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts