Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
88 NA, 5-speed. still experiencing low idle problem/stalling. have to leave ac turned on to maintain idle. checked most everything- plugs, wires, ISC valve, TPS,
distributor cap, rotor...still won't idle.

RPMs just slowly drop to below 400 then it quits. starts up high idle when cold, but immediately drops down

have to leave the AC turned on to maintain and idle sepeed around 1000, but
even then, between one stop light and another, sometime the idle holds...sometimes it doesn't.

turned to fuel pressure regulator and checked it by applying vacuum the FPR while the motor was running...no change in RPMs one way or another...

this doesn't seem right...but I'm not sure. any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I wonder if your 02 sensor could be jacked up. If it was your car would run in open loop while the car was warming up but when it tried to switch to closed loop it would have idleing issues.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have switched out the O2 sensor with no change. and yes, there is a small leak
at the lower intake manifold, even though the gaskets are less than 8 months old..I spray starter fluid down there and the engine revs up...

that may be enough of a problem to cause it to stall at idle...that's my last explanation...

it's not pulling any codes

plugs are new

wires check out on the ohm-meter

no apparent leaks in the vacuum hoses or the intake hoses from the MAF

TPS has been switched out and adjust to spec- no change

ISC clicks after shut down- also kicks up idle when AC is switched on

EGR is working properly- engine really roughs up and stops when vacuum is applied

1 - 6 of 6 Posts