Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a fuel pressure regulator but i don't know much about them. What "features" should I be looking for? Do I need to able to adjust to over 70 or 80psi? What else would I need to install a FPR? Fittings? Gauge? why are there such big differences in price between certain FPRs even though they seem to have the same "features"?

Also, I plan to run this on a stock fuel system/67GTQ for now just to get a little extra fuel. Is it safe to bump up fuel pressure on an otherwise stock fuel system (accept FPDP)? What would be a good pressure to run for a little extra fuel. I only plan to boost around 18psi or so but the car has been running alittle lean so i want a little extra safety.

·
boost is good
772 Posts
oh and you'll need to buy the fittings for the reg. separate...you'll need a gauage..and braided fuel lines and fittings...to put one on the stock rail you might have to get some kind of special adapter or get a fitting welded on the end of the rail

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So the adaptor makes the FPR easy to install and without it I would need to remove the IM and rail? Just let me know how much it is and the exact details. Thanks Erven. :) Now my broke ass just needs a FPR. :D

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
VeilsideTT said:
I almost forgot, how much pressure should I be running for my setup guys?
Seth:

Im running about 3 bar pressure at idle with the vaccuam hose attatched and running plenty rich under boost.

Andrew

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
i use the Aeromotive one as well no problems works great.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So if stock pressure is 43, wouldn't 3 bar basically be the same thing? I went the cheap route with my single so I don't have money for a fuel system... right now at stock fuel pressure I am not seeing enough fuel even at low boost. How much more pressure would make a significant difference? Will just turning the pressure up on an otherwise stock fuel system put any more stress on any of the stock fuel components?

Erven, please give me a call on my cell, 914-582-1975 when you get a chance. I just have a couple questions about the fitting. Thanks.

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
VeilsideTT said:
So if stock pressure is 43, wouldn't 3 bar basically be the same thing? I went the cheap route with my single so I don't have money for a fuel system... right now at stock fuel pressure I am not seeing enough fuel even at low boost. How much more pressure would make a significant difference? Will just turning the pressure up on an otherwise stock fuel system put any more stress on any of the stock fuel components?

Erven, please give me a call on my cell, 914-582-1975 when you get a chance. I just have a couple questions about the fitting. Thanks.
I would say your best bet is to add a second fuel pump, line, and FPR...this should allow you to easily max out the stock injectors (some have gotten 600whp with this setup)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would love to but I am such a broke ass. Would it be a really bad idea to find a used TT fuel pump to save few bucks? Would buying dual Walbros and selling my stock pump be cheaper? How many feet of line would I need to run it from the pumps to the filter? Would it be best to use one -6 line or would I need 2 -6 lines comming from each pump? I assume I would need a high flow filter too right?

My other option I've been thinking about is running alchohol injection for now. i'm just worried that since I don't plan on running high boost (to spare my tranny) I will just end up running super rich all the time.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Veilside-

Since stock fp is right around 43psi you can use RC Engineering's formulas (http://rceng.com/technical.htm) to figure out how to much raise your fuel pressure. Also one thing to note is that RC figures a conservative 80% duty cycle, while many people go higher.

For example at 50 psi (base FP) and 90% duty cycle the stock injectors (on paper) are good for 612 hp, and at 60 psi and 90% duty cycle 669 hp.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
FattyCBR said:
Veilside-

Since stock fp is right around 43psi you can use RC Engineering's formulas (http://rceng.com/technical.htm) to figure out how to much raise your fuel pressure. Also one thing to note is that RC figures a conservative 80% duty cycle, while many people go higher.

For example at 50 psi (base FP) and 90% duty cycle the stock injectors (on paper) are good for 612 hp, and at 60 psi and 90% duty cycle 669 hp.
so wait this FPR sold online, can handle your saying 550 rwhp approx.?

Brett

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.